Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 09:08 PM

Default Boring TPNK Hand

Effective stack 400

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $4, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $2, BB checks.

Flop: ($12) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $8</font>, Hero calls $8, BB folds.

Turn: ($28) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $28</font>, Hero calls $28.

UTG is 44/16/6.3

This is my standard line against aggressive opponents, I'm totally in love with it. Check/calling twice on a drawless flop seems to scare all but the maniacs from firing 3 barrels. Lot's of people like to play a 'SB special' exactly like this. I plan to check/fold the river.

Eh?

edit: btw if the flop was checked through I was planning on betting a non-A turn card
Old 10-24-2005, 08:02 AM

Default Re: Boring TPNK Hand

Hotpants -

I dont know if this is your standard TP from the blinds type hand, but it's not bad. Of course, this hinges on the type of player UTG is. He has to be the aggressive "I want to win tons of pots" type of player. (He seems to be that way given PT stats, too)

Why?

He limped utg and the flop is very very dry. I like the flop check/call. He could have literally anything he limps with, given he is fairly loose. So, For him to 2nd barrell on this turn means either -
a. He improved to the best hand and wants value
b. He had best hand on flop and wants value
c. He is putting you on a weaker hand then top pair taking one off and betting what could be the best hand
d. He has absolutely nothing so is betting full pot in order to take it down.

Alot of times I'd stop and go (if it was J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) for example, but this card was slightly bad, in that since he's betting nearly anything on the flop, he easily could have Ax that hit a 3 outer vs top pair. The J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] would allow a worse hand or newfound draw to call, and you could c/c river manipulating the small pot as youd like.

Anyway, this isnt fully boring, but for someone to just bet bet bet in limped pots with little to nothing takes heart/not liking money, turn call is meh when you consider he could bomb the river, I hope it went c/c and villain gave up on the hand. I'd rather fold the turn vs a very good river value bettor, against someone who wants to bluff everything down though you may have to call down. So... Sometimes c/f here sometimes c/c with the plan of c/f or c/c river. Not pleasant when you're forced to react in that manner, eh? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2005, 08:20 AM

Default Re: Boring TPNK Hand

if i think he is loose i wud raise his bet on the flop. u cud take the pot then or wud find out your beat plain and simple. i wud even do it on the A turn card for the same reason.