Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2004, 09:58 PM

Default TPTK. Fold waaaaaay sooner?

It's obvious to me now that I fold this at some point. Should I have put him on AK after the 3-bet flop? Is this where I fold? By that time the pot is big enough to make me try to play aggresively and take it down. Leaks abound! Flame away!

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 (poster) folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (22 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (18.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (27.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 29.50 BB
Old 12-07-2004, 10:06 PM

Default Re: TPTK. Fold waaaaaay sooner?

I think you're beat once he 3bets on the flop. Remember that he 3bet before the flop as well so a high pocket pair(one that could probably make a set on this board) or AK are very likely.

Think about what he would 3bet with? He could have AA(beats you), KK(beats you), or AK(has a flopped straight and kills you). TT and JJ are also possibilities.

Once it's 3bet I would probably fold the turn unimproved unless he is a real LAG. Another key here is that you don't want to improve by turning an Ace because that means anybody with a King has a straight.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:06 PM

I'd just call the flop. There isn't a single PF 3-betting hand that you're ahead of here.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:07 PM

What he said.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:09 PM

This hand was overplayed. The flop/turn raises are just donations in my opinion. That is a bad flop for you, there is nothing you beat.

Shill
Old 12-07-2004, 10:10 PM

I put him on either AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, or AK, with AK being the most likely(flopped straight), and QQ being the least likely.