Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 12:00 AM

Default $400 6-max: Low pocket pair in position, vs LAG

The villian in this hand is about 42/20 over 40 hands or so, most of those 4 handed. He is a loose player and aggressive after the flop. He is not afraid to fire pot sized bluffs out and also value bets pretty strongly. His handreading skills are visible but somewhat lacking.

Comments on all streets appreciated, but I think the turn and river are most interesting. I'm also interested in input as to the size of the flop bet, or even whether it should be made (although at the moment I'm pretty convinced it should be made, I can certainly be persuaded otherwise).

UTG ($663.40)
Hero ($400)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $21</font>, Hero calls $21, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($48) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $30</font>, UTG calls $30.

Turn: ($108) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: ($108) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $100</font>, Hero calls $100.

Final Pot: $308
Old 12-08-2005, 01:24 AM

Default Re: $400 6-max: Low pocket pair in position, vs LAG

Just looks and feels weak. Garland taught me to keep track of each players CB, or lack thereof, so you'll know what this means. Good play to check behind on the turn and control pot size, plus induces a river bluff. Easy call, hopefully he wasn't calling your bet with KJ or JT or some kind of backdoor flush. Could be, hence the flat call. I would expect you to be good here a big % of the time.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:31 AM

he have A4s or something? I guess his reading you as a position bet with the turn check showing weakness...i just dont understand why you check the turn with such a weak hand. At the end I think you have to call, only problem is you dont really know where you are at. This is the problem playing lags....He is representing a Jack I think...but it seems just as likely that he has it....but that you have seen him bluff with a PSB would lead me to a (fishy?) call.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:51 AM

Is he really check/calling you with overcards OOP on this flop?

Flop bet is fine, but I can't see you being ahead on the river unless he's a donk and can't drop AK.