Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 12:51 AM

Default Turn c/r semi-bluff - 10/20

Villain is a 23/14/2.9 TAG. He can let go of hands when he thinks he is beat and probably sees me as a TAG as well. I normally don't get very tricky

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises
Old 10-31-2005, 01:47 AM

Default Re: Turn c/r semi-bluff - 10/20

i dig it. any pair has a tough time calling you and the check-raise should score you the pot fairly often. if you haven't used a similar line in the past 20 hands (where you didn't showdown) even better.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:21 AM

I like it as long as you're following through on the river.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:36 AM

you have to bet the riv bc he is calling the turn with any club. you are risking 3bets to win the pot. i dont like it.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:45 AM

I don't like it. Villian could have you drawing dead. I don't think Villian can continue betting on the turn without at least an ace or a flush, given that he's TAG or whatever. Your c/r is going to get called as will your river bet.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you have to bet the riv bc he is calling the turn with any club. you are risking 3bets to win the pot. i dont like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not a total risk. We still have a few outs. We also fold much better hands often, depending on the river.

I think it works more then 50% of the time.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:01 AM

I just wrote a nice longer response and just found out, if u click back to view the post, this software update doesnt retain what you have written when u click back to it. Lame.

Anyway...my thoughts basically were, your play is tricky enough if I have a PP like KK-TT Im calling down here because u have the second Ace falling and a possible draw u could have picked up. So a lot of opportunity to semibluff. Also, you are CRing with fewer outs...since he could be calling with the club. So the pressure is on u to improve and to win this pot u will probably have to lead the river. So u are risking a few bets to win a small-ish pot. You also get 3bet a decent amount...or just called down.

This isnt as complete as I wanted but its lame to have to retype what you have already written.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:06 AM

Fold the turn. Odds not good enough to call to an OESD with three clubs on the board already. Theres a lot of hands that are not going to fold to a raise - any ace or club - and it looks like opponent may have one of them. You could get three bet and that would suck.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:14 AM

FWIW, i think it sucks. You can't even call a re-raise, (some people on this forum like bluffing when you can fold to a raise but i haven't learned the logic behind that reasoning -unless it's a blind battle or a river raise), but your building a big pot, it would suck to have to fold it with outs.