Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 05:39 PM

Default AA and NFD. Can I call here ? $2/$5 MGM

In Vegas this last week. Had a great time, but this is one hand that have been mulling over since it happened.

Table is breaking up, and we're down to 3 handed.

SB just left, so only one BB.

UTG limps. I raise to $25 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] with $1300 behind. Both Call.

BB is fairly average -> bad player with $250.
UTG is fairly LAGish PF, and has been making moves since we've been short handed. He has me covered.

Flop ($75): T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Checks to me. I bet $70. <font color="red">BB Raises all in for $250</font>. <font color="red">UTG Raises all in for $1300</font>.

Main pot $650
Side pot ~$1050

$1200 to call

I have never seen UTG make an overbet like this in the 4 hours I have been playing with him.

Hero asks for time.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Re: AA and NFD. Can I call here ? $2/$5 MGM

I call fairly quickly. SB could have anything and isnt very concerning. I think the allin move is way to strong to actually be a made flush or a set. To me it seems like he is simply isolating the allin player with a hand he is fairly certian is good against the allin player, something like Tx k [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I think you have to call given the strong chance he has a hand like this. And even if you're wrong you still win 35% against a set or flush.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:58 PM

if UTG is thinking, i insta-fold.

if utg is a fucktard, i insta-call.

somewhere in between, i think and then fold.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:16 PM

It seems to me like a thinking/tricky player will frequently be making this move with a pair and a draw kind of hand, or two pair (yes, two pair is a fairly possible holding for villian).

Of course, he could also just be protecting his monster.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:52 PM

muck it, youre beat
Old 09-15-2005, 06:57 PM

I think I'd probably fold here, figuring I'm more often than not drawing to 11 or less outs. It'd be a harder fold if I were deeper invested in the pot, but also considering there is only $250 additional in the pot from the initial allin(which I'd callin a nanosecond), this seems alot more to me like a lucky suited connector hit or set. I can't imagaine too many scenarios where you are actually ahead.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:42 PM

SO everyone saying to muck is putting UTG precisely on a set of 7s or 4s? He definitely would have raised 1010 pf, i would think 7s and 4s as well. Regardless, if he plays as described I would think it more likely we have him beat soundly with something like a 10 with a diamond.

If he has two pair, our hand is a slight favorite I believe and we have an overlay.

Obviously this does look like a set, but you are 3handed. Nothing is concrete. The player described just seems like he has too wide of a range in this situation.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:59 PM

smoke crack much?
Old 09-15-2005, 11:26 PM

Ok, he can have a medium flush too but hey with the 10 and 7 out there arent nearly as many suited connector type hands that could have hit that flop. 89, 56, 68, 9J, J8.

Does it feel like a flush? Well on the surface he is isolating the BB but we have to give him enough credit that a thinking player could do this with a very strong hand attempting to give the appearance that he is isolating. If I had a medium flush in his spot I want money going into the pot as my hand is dead if another diamond falls, calling the $250 gives too good of odds. So yes, a flush could easily be played like this. I just think that 2pair hands and 1pair-with a diamond could as well.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:01 AM

My chips are in the middle.