Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 04:47 AM

Default The Donkiest KK Ever?

This is a hand that I played a long time ago that I was just thinking about.

Real good Live $2/$5 game. 10 handed. Buy in is capped at $200, but stacks are quite a bit bigger.

Donkzilla is UTG + 1 ($400)
Donkerello is MP1 ($600)
Hero is BB ($550)

Both donks in this hand have a tendancy to call down with fairly weak hands. They will play any A and any two suited from any position. The table has been pretty passive, and I have not yet seen them face a substantial raise, so I am unsure of their calling range. The hands that they have been winning pots with have been pretty bad (when limping in), and they have not been semi-bluffing much, if at all. They have also been calling on the river and mucking their cards quite a bit.

Both players have been known to slow play frequently.

<font color="grey">1 fold</font>. Donkzilla and Donkerello limp in. 4 more limp in. SB completes.

I look down at K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and make it $50 to go.

Donkzilla and Donkerello call. <font color="grey">Rest of the field folds.</font>

Flop: ($175): A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Checks around.

Turn: ($175): [A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Checks around.

River: ($175): [A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks. <font color="red">Donkzilla bets $20.</font> Donkerello calls $20. Hero calls $20.

I think that I got PF right.

Am I just seeing monsters over the bed here?

How much (if at all) does the crappy $200 cap affect your decision?
Old 08-25-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Re: The Donkiest KK Ever?

i think you played this hand fine.
[ QUOTE ]
How much (if at all) does the crappy $200 cap affect your decision?

[/ QUOTE ]
well, it is def a factor that pushes me towards checking the flop (only debatable decision)...
Old 08-25-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Results

Seems like after 400+ posts, I'd be able to distinguish an interesting hand from a boring one. Guess not.

The $200 cap drastically influenced my decision in this hand. I knew that if I bet out strong on the flop (my default play against decent opposition) I wouldn't be able to put that back in my stack, and I really wanted to wait for a good spot to take all of their chips.

Anyway, Donkzilla flips 98o and Donkerello flips 96s. MHIG.

I proceed to value bet the hell out of them in future hands.