Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Hellmuth\'s Bust and other ESPN Action

[ QUOTE ]
Folding AK is not a big deal. Folding AK and making a scene and showing it is. He is saying "come over the top of me, and I'll fold anything but aces, and maybe kings." And everyone did. Phil didn't show AK to set up a play where he could call with it. He folded AK to show how great he was to the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know he wasn't setting up the table with the AK folds? Later on, he virtually instacalled an all in with AK later on and the villain turned over KJ, but sucked out. So clearly he was working the table to set up a situation like that.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:48 PM

PICS OF HELLMUTH'S WIFE? I DIDN'T KNOW HE HAD ONE [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2005, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Folding AK is not a big deal. Folding AK and making a scene and showing it is. He is saying "come over the top of me, and I'll fold anything but aces, and maybe kings." And everyone did. Phil didn't show AK to set up a play where he could call with it. He folded AK to show how great he was to the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know he wasn't setting up the table with the AK folds? Later on, he virtually instacalled an all in with AK later on and the villain turned over KJ, but sucked out. So clearly he was working the table to set up a situation like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

It turns out that this hand didnt quite happen the way it was described, and it was indeed a good laydown. Check out Fossilman's post in this thread:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...art=3&vc=1
Old 07-09-2005, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I yell out a loud "JACK!!!" and the dealer answers my request with a rivered jack. A few people cheer, but not as many as I would expect.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I hate to start a quasi-flame war, but come on. You rooted explicitly against Phil Hellmuth? Surely there are better ways to use your time at the Main Event.

[/ QUOTE ]

*sigh* Agreed. This is pretty lame.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I yell out a loud "JACK!!!" and the dealer answers my request with a rivered jack. A few people cheer, but not as many as I would expect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to start a quasi-flame war, but come on. You rooted explicitly against Phil Hellmuth? Surely there are better ways to use your time at the Main Event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong, wrong, wrong. If a pro wants to curse out recreational players on UB, and make an ass of himself all the time, it's practically required to root against him. He's making himself the bad guy a la pro wrestling, and whether it's an act, or his real personality, or some combination of the two (which is my bet), he has begged for it. How would you spend your time more wisely than calling for this jack? It's priceless to have it hit after calling for it, nh [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2005, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PICS OF HELLMUTH'S WIFE? I DIDN'T KNOW HE HAD ONE [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously though, i've never seen her and am a bit curious
Old 07-10-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh. really.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hellmuth likes to play post-flop poker, not the wpt all in preflop poker that is becoming so popular. kind of ironic since he lost all in preflop holding AQ, but you get the point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I suspect he was tilting with that AQ + Magriel often raises with junk hands.

Poor Phil doesn't seem to be having a good run in the past few years.

Maybe he needs to change medication?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah he has done horribly in the last few years. Just awful.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh. really.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't you mean...

nh. FOR ME TO POOP ON!

betcha didnt see that comin
Old 07-10-2005, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ace king is not the amazing bullet-proof hand that you donks seem to think it is. hellmuth probably put the guy on a pocket pair and did not wanna flip coins. hellmuth likes to play post-flop poker, not the wpt all in preflop poker that is becoming so popular. kind of ironic since he lost all in preflop holding AQ, but you get the point.

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh out loud