Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2005, 03:21 AM

Default QQ vs ragged board, what is my plan here?

I just got to the table, so unfortunately I have no reads on villian yet.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter

Hero ($104.4)
MP3 ($92.6)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls $4, MP3 calls $4, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: ($13.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $25</font>,

At this point I think his most likely hands are a set or an overpair (most likely lower than mine), with the additional possibility of a flush draw.

My problem is that I don't know how to continue from here at all. If he has a flush draw I don't want to give a free card, but betting big probably allows him to get off a smaller overpair cheaply when he is not drawing live against me at all. If I just call here, villian will have about $60 left and the pot will be about $60. In other words, I won't be able to make any substantial bet and get away from my hand to a raise I believe.

Please let me know what you think about my hand range for villian (is it too narrow, too wide, what am I missing or over/under accounting for?) and what you think my plan should be for the rest of the hand and why.

Again, sorry if this hand is very standard. I am still learning NL.