Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 06:19 PM

Default Re: AA or \"When the Pot is Extremely Large\"

Raise, hope the CO 3 bets and the button caps. This just seems like a spot to mash that raise button and hope for the best. The SB has to be pretty awful to bet no matter what his hand is don't you think?

-DeathDonkey
Old 06-21-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise, hope the CO 3 bets and the button caps. This just seems like a spot to mash that raise button and hope for the best. The SB has to be pretty awful to bet no matter what his hand is don't you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, checking a set/straight is probably the correct play here if I'm SB.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:22 PM

Einbert when did you get so good? You are inspiration to micro [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey
Old 06-21-2005, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With 20 SB in the pot I consider waiting until the turn to raise. But I have no idea how people play at 15/30. I'm more used to 600/1200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanna play some HU 500/900 omaha?

[/ QUOTE ]

*yawn*
Old 06-21-2005, 08:36 PM

Just call and raise on fourth street. Only way to protect your hand. Isn't this covered in HPFAP and SSH? Raising is probably for value, but as they said in SSH, waiting until the turn to raise is probably for more value.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:38 PM

I don't think 15/30 players fold getting 11.5-1. I could be wrong.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:30 PM

I thought that too at first, but another thing you have to consider is that CO or Button could very possibly raise this and bloat the pot here, leaving you in a much worse position than if you had raised right away. This should be a flop raise.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:41 AM

Loved the explanation of the open-limp/CO raise etc.

I have no idea what the SB could possibly be betting here.

If you raise, like it was said before, I doubt anyone is folding for 11.5-1. If you call, it most likely will be raised behind you anyway.

I have no idea.

Just call along and raise the SB on the turn? Then hope THAT forces someone out.

I'd much rather be playing for nickels and dimes with this hand. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Tough hand.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:01 AM

I'm going to do some counting. Somebody tell me if it's too late for me to be doing math.

If you call, I foresee this hand getting raised behind you. I know I'm going out on a limb on that one. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

5 players for 2 SB each on the flop makes the pot 15BB on the turn. (not likely, 15% of the time?)
5 players for 3 SB each on the flop makes the pot 17.5BB on the turn. (most likely, 50% of the time?)
5 players for 4 SB each on the flop makes the pot 20BB on the turn. (still pretty likely, 35% of the time)

That's an average of 19+BB on the turn. If SB leads the turn, you can raise and it's still ~11:1 for the rest of the field. In the first scenario with the smallest pot, you can make it 9:1 after raising the SB (10:1 and 11:1 in the other two).

I vote for calling and following the action behind you, especially if SB checks the turn. You might need to check-raise the turn if you think you can get a favorable situation there.

Yes, I felt like doing a lot of (probably) unnecessary math there. Leave me alone. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Either way, buckle your seat belt and keep your arms and legs inside the car until the ride comes to a full and complete stop.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:39 AM

If SB hadn't donked, what would be your plan?

You bet here because:

1. Value - you likely have the best hand
2. SB donk bet giving you the opportunity to have isolation raisers face two. It may not be enough to fold them out. But you have to do what you can to increase your chance of winning this pot. You should at least lose MP1. Facing two without closing the action is going to get to CO and Button. May not fold them now.
3. You aren't going to fold and calling just makes it easier for others to continue playing. And puts you in the middle.