Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 10:14 AM

Default AT: River trouble

Button: 30/11/1,4 - 112 hands
MP1: 20/6/0,9 - 112 hands

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

I have position here after the flop and I want button to fold. A raise may make me look even stronger than I am and with MP1 statistics a medium to low PP may not be impossible here. 2 over cards, the raise is said and done.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

I nailed the T and must test the water here with a bet. Ok, a raise, I figure him for the K now but I have outs and the pot is nice.

Turn: (6.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Straight draw now aswell, I check/call it here and evaluate on the river.

River: (9.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

I hit a set of tens and with the action, maybe I shouldn't cap it here, I could have closed the action after buttons raise since I can be up against a set or AJ. I'm in good shape against a set since I have a hard time seeing anyone with QQ and KK not raising me preflop. Set of sixes? AJ? Full house? I think the right decision is to call buttons raise here?

Final Pot: 21.75 BB
Old 11-29-2005, 10:25 AM

Default Re: AT: River trouble

I would just call the raise on the river. The button doesn't seem to care that the board paired. KT or 66 seems like reasonable hands for the button although you will see hands like KQ often as well.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:49 AM

check-raise-call the river prob.

i can't put MP on a hand with his PF selection.. maybe JTs or something.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:25 PM

:grunch: Preflop is questionable, but you realized that.

Everything else looks good. I may have been more inclined to call the raise on the river. Your donk bet on the river clearly advertised that you have a 10, so button's raise shows he's not scared of trip 10s. You are looking at FH or str most of the time here with that raise.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:41 PM

What does Grunch mean? I see it in almost every post.

":grunch: Preflop is questionable, but you realized that."

I did? I explained why I raised and those reasons are enough for me.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
:grunch: Preflop is questionable, but you realized that.

Everything else looks good. I may have been more inclined to call the raise on the river. Your donk bet on the river clearly advertised that you have a 10, so button's raise shows he's not scared of trip 10s. You are looking at FH or str most of the time here with that raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pre flop is nowhere near questionable IMO. Easy raise.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Grunching means that the poster is replying w/o reading any other responses. Check this thread FMI.

Preflop is an easy raise.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

people say "grunch" when they are posting their thoughts before reading the entire thread, so as not to bias themselves and test their own reasoning.

preflop is fine.

i will either check raise the river and call a 3-bet or just call villians raise if i lead.

if helps to stop the action so we don't know he capped it.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:43 PM

***Grunch***

I like the way you played this hand. I think your preflop raise is good. Button likes to raise a lot preflop (PFR = 11), so if he had a strong hand here, I'm sure he'd re-raise you. That tells me you are probably ahead of the button going into the flop.

I agree w/ the flop bet, then turn call, and also capping on the river. MP1 looks like he's just along for the ride and probably played T9 or possibly even trip 6's or he may just have pocket 5's.

The only hand I'm afraid of on the river is AJ and if MP1 had it he would have 3 bet on the river and if Button had it he would have re-raised you preflop. I think you're good.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:49 PM

Grunch:
I like the PF raise. I would put button on KQ. He doesn't seem agg enough to raise your flop bet with AJ.