Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 06:05 PM

Default 3 questions to make my game better

Here are three aspects of my game I think I need to work on, any help/comments or even links would be great. Thanks.

1. Folded to me in small blind. I play 3/6 and 1/2 and the blind structure is different, but is it ever ok to open complete here? Is it clearly a raise or fold situation?

2. I rarely defend out of the SB, since if I'm going to play it it's going to be 3bet by me. I think this is fairly standard, no? My question is in the BB how much does where a raise come from affect what you're willing to play. Example, UTG raise, 2 CC and you have ATo, are you playing? What if UTG raised and no one calls, are you playing ATo now? If it's a CO or BU raise I'm 3betting.

3. What is an ideal vpip from the small blind? Mine is 45%. I think that's high. My winrate in the BB is (.12) but the SB is (.26). I do not like that. Shouldn't SB be less than the BB?

THANKS
Old 10-03-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Re: 3 questions to make my game better

I'm not the best one to offer advice, but here are some links:

blind defense

6-max baby steps (with lots of links)

6-max stats FAQ
Old 10-03-2005, 07:43 PM

Default Re: 3 questions to make my game better

Open completing is fine against very loose, very passive opponents with somewhat marginal hands, I think. Basically, if the hand isn't good enough to put a raise in preflop with, but not shitters, and they're not going to raise you lightly. I very rarely do it though.

I usually fold the easily dominated hands from the BB against an UTG raiser. AT, KT, QT, QJ, etc. This assumes a solid raiser, and it obviously varies on the situation.

SB VPIP should be a little higher than your button VPIP I think. At 3/6, it should be lower than it is at 1/2. Mine at 5/10 is 31.57, whereas button VPIP is 25. At 3/6 it was 26:25 for SB and VPIP, respectively.