Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 10:30 AM

Default Re: I Used The Whole Time Clock On This River

It looks incorrect to be slowplaying trips here. I think that error is more important than the river decision IMO.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:34 AM

im just going to say whats been said already that the turn check sucks on a board with both a flush and straight draw against a SB and very loose limper.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:20 AM

i think its an easy call with the turn check considered.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:43 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a bunch of people have said easy call but provided no justification. would you like to be the one to explain to me why its so easy? fwiw i still think its a fold because both opponents have us beat some portion of the time
Old 11-28-2005, 02:02 PM

I would tend to raise the flop. Represent a vulnerable hand to mess with SB and the loosey will still call 2 with pairs, aces, and a bunch of other hands. After calling you just have to shut him out on the turn anyway (plus plenty of turns can kill your action).

Turn check is very bad. SB has something but is afraid of the Q. Button is 75/5. At least one of them is calling, often both. Don't think Button is betting very often.

River looks like an easy fold to me. Elaborate slowplays from multiple on-the-passive-side players = you're toast (and the odds aren't good).
Old 11-28-2005, 02:17 PM

I want to know more about the SB.

Is he willing to check trips on the river hoping that one of you finally shows an interest in the pot?

Is he completing with 77 in this spot? KQ? A7? Seems like his raising range should be pretty large, given that he's got a chance to get HU with a pretty massive donk (allbeit OOP).

I have a really hard time seeing us being good and thanks to playing the flop and turn in a pretty loathesome manner, the pot is small enough that you can fold.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:20 PM

Because of the lack of turn aggression, I think your opponents could be going to war here over who has the better king. The SB looks like a somewhat reasonable player and I can't believe he would try for a turn c/r with 75 or 77 and then go for a check/raise again on the river after whiffing the turn. The button was last to act on the turn and chose not to bet, then raised you on the river. I think this indicates the river helped him and the only hand that improved to beat you would be a strangely played KK. Sure, you are going to see some horribly slowplayed hands at showdown some of the time but getting 9-2 and a likely 5-1 with a button overcall makes this a call in my opinion.

I think you should have bet the turn.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:32 PM

How do we feel about a flop raise?
Old 11-28-2005, 03:16 PM

I just cant believe how many think a river fold is correct. We have trips in a 3-handed game and the turn was checked through for crying out loud. MAYBE we lose this more than 50% but not by much (a split seems likely), and no way do we not have the odds to see the showdown IMO. Also consider if necessary the tilt-factor of quite possibly folding the best hand and losing a whopping 10BB. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a bunch of people have said easy call but provided no justification. would you like to be the one to explain to me why its so easy? fwiw i still think its a fold because both opponents have us beat some portion of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't see why anyone has him on a 5 for calling once and checking the turn. Sometimes someone is full, other times they have KQ AK K7 blah blah blah. Had you bet the turn, I think you can make a case for a fold.