Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-26-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Flop a boat...and lay it down =P

No reads on villian - this is like my first or second orbit at table. 6max 50NL

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Hero ($50)
MP ($102.68)
CO ($47.40)
Button ($76.80)
SB ($55.10)
BB ($33.75)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) calls $0.75, BB calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($4) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $2</font>, SB folds, BB calls $2, Hero calls $2.

Turn: ($10) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, CO folds, BB calls $5.

River: ($20) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB calls $25.75 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $45.75
Old 12-26-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Flop a boat...and lay it down =P

I usually lead the flop. Underfulls are vulnerable. Get the money in ASAP IMO.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

true, good point - but Im sure his Q would have called and I just would have lost a bigger pot - but in the future, I like that play.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No reads on villian - this is like my first or second orbit at table. 6max 50NL

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Hero ($50)
MP ($102.68)
CO ($47.40)
Button ($76.80)
SB ($55.10)
BB ($33.75)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) calls $0.75, BB calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($4) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $2</font>, SB folds, BB calls $2, Hero calls $2.

Turn: ($10) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, CO folds, BB calls $5.

River: ($20) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB calls $25.75 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $45.75

[/ QUOTE ]

that is the absolute perfect flop to lead
Old 12-26-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

true, good point - but Im sure his Q would have called and I just would have lost a bigger pot - but in the future, I like that play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, in this case you would have just lost a bigger pot which is exactly why you would want to lead every time so that on the next 45 identical future occasions when the case Queen doesn't make an unwelcome cameo on the river you will WIN a bigger pot. You should have bet more on the turn too, the Queen is not folding. Remember you WANTED a bigger pot.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:10 PM

Actually the next 42 occasions. We don't really want that 6 showing up either now do we.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:35 PM

I don't mind the check on the flop but after a bet and a call you can reasonable assume that one of them has a Q- thus raise bc they aren't going to fold it. They will either reraise or if they don't you can get it in on the turn. If you just call the flop i think you need to make a bigger bet on the turn so that you can get it all in when the queen doesnt come out.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see people doing this without a Q. Usually they have pocket 10's or something like that. Another reason to make a claim on the pot.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Underfulls are vulnerable

[/ QUOTE ]
On that flop, the underfull is a monster. Opponent is drawing to 4 outs - and it's effectively only 1 card to come (board must pair for 3 of those outs). This hand is barely vulnerable at all.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:32 PM

Against 3 people you have no idea what cards you don't want to see here, maybe someone's hanging around with 99 or whatever and will catch it unless you bet/raise, or maybe he has Q6o, or whatever else there is. 3 people with a few outs each will inevitably lead to atleast one of them hitting his out sooner or later. So, you need to protect your hand, and to do that you need to bet this flop. Which also happens to be a good way to disguise your hand.