Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 12:04 AM

Default More Great Party Service

So my account has been inactive for 6 months. I moved, they refused change my address (which sucked cause I had a bunch of points) so I stopped playing there. They closed my account which I requested.

Six months later I tried to reopen it and it got locked. The reason.............

"Your account was closed due to your gambling problem and cannot be reopened" I could not talk to anyone else about this on 2 tries.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction to somebody at Party that has some concept on how to handle a situation. I have run into a brick wall. I got the "call back in 2 hours".
Old 11-10-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Re: More Great Party Service

Wow... I kid you not when I tell you this just happend to me..I emailed Party twice yesterday and finally got a reply saying It was closed and it can not be reopened because of their commitment to responsible gaming..I emailed them 2 more times before getting another reply. I obviously didnt know why they said I had a gambling problem, they emailed me back saying I requested to have my account closed.. I checked my outbox and never once did I send them an email asking them to close it, I have no clue why they closed it. I emailed them 3 times today explaining that I never asked for them to close it and I told them its ok if I have a gambling problem because Im up Thousands on the site. I havent received an email back, so I have no clue whats going on!
Old 11-10-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Party Poker says I have gambling problem and cant have account

Well, I will let you know if I get it solved. It is obviously ridiculous. I wonder if when I was haggling over the stupidity of not being able to change my address if the CS decided "I'll make sure he never plays here again" and typed that in knowing it makes it hard to get accounts reopened with that flag.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Party Poker says I have gambling problem and cant have account

Maybe this is Party's way of saying to you... We don't like your website promoting rakeback [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2005, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe this is Party's way of saying to you... We don't like your website promoting rakeback [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be right. I was on the phone with them for an hour tonight. They say I sent them an email after my account was closed that I had a gambling problem and their policy is not to allow problem gamblers access to Party Poker.

She read the email to me, it did not include my name, username or any info about me. She understood that this could be random spam and how anyone could make an email look like it came from anywhere. She made it clear that any spoofed email would result in this (major security flaw obviously). It obviously makes no sense that I would email them months after my account was closed to tell them to close my account again and their lack of return email makes me wonder what really happened.

The supervisor was more helpful but would not so anything. I finally resorted to tell them to look up my WSOP player profile and my published articles. After seeing that the supervisor said it looks better but there is no way I should have this hassle to play at Party Poker.

Does anyone else know of a place to play Stud8 $55 SNG's? If there was I wouldnt bother with this hassle. Hopefully they will get their act together.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:36 AM

Wow... maybe this is some non-rakeback affiliates idea of something stupid to do... see if you can get them to send you the actual detailed header on the email (maybe you could track down who sent it).
Old 11-10-2005, 03:14 AM

For now I sit tight and hope they fix it in the 24 hours "while we investigate".

It is disturbing that any forged header can have someone's account closed forever. I lean more towards this is an error and not malicious. Regardless it should not matter. I dont have an account at Party, I am trying to open one and get this much hassle. Not the best way to keep players coming back.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I emailed them 3 times today explaining that I never asked for them to close it and I told them its ok if I have a gambling problem because Im up Thousands on the site.

[/ QUOTE ]
BIG mistake! Your account will probably NEVER be opened again with that remark. In fact I would guess that you will be put on a negative database somewhere which may lock you out of all poker rooms which subscribe to it.

Sites are obliged to lock accounts where a gambling problem is mentioned or alluded to. If they don't, they lose their gaming license or they are HEAVILY fined.

I realize that you probably don't have a gambling problem, but that remark about having one and being up thousands, is the deathknell for your account.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It is disturbing that any forged header can have someone's account closed forever. I lean more towards this is an error and not malicious.

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps it has something to do with your alias here...
Old 11-10-2005, 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sites are obliged to lock accounts where a gambling problem is mentioned or alluded to. If they don't, they lose their gaming license or they are HEAVILY fined.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with most of your post but I was wondering who exactly is going to take away their gaming license and heavily fine them?