Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-07-2005, 10:49 AM

Default Can I get away?

BB is loosie goosie. BN is 16/5 multi-tabling nit. But still....can I possibly get away here?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG ($568)
TWP ($1247.75)
CO ($0)
Button ($885)
SB ($394.52)
BB ($6507.04)

Preflop: TWP is MP with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">TWP raises to $40</font>, Button calls $40, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $30.

Flop: ($125) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Bb checks, TWP bets $120, BN raises to $300, BB folds, TWP raises all in...
Old 11-07-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Can I get away?

Wrong forum I guess. But w/out some more detailed post-flop reads, I would say no. His relatively small raise is worrying though.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:58 AM

Nah, I'm saving my first MHNL post for a better hand. Although I think this one can be interesting for discussion, since it is only 90bb stacks and one street of action I thought it would be more appropriate here. Also, I'm fighting against the people who post 2/4 hands in MHNL because they are too cool for SSNL.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:02 AM

Your pre-flop raise disguises your flush nicely. Isn't this the flop you wanted when you made the raise?

Of course your pre-flop raise is marginal (I'm being kind out of respect. I'm sure it was to enhance your table image as a bluffing, gamblin' fool [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ), but afterwards I think your push is correct. Button is calling you here with a set, A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or worse.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your pre-flop raise disguises your flush nicely. Isn't this the flop you wanted when you made the raise?

Of course your pre-flop raise is marginal (I'm being kind out of respect. I'm sure it was to enhance your table image as a bluffing, gamblin' fool [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ), but afterwards I think your push is correct. Button is calling you here with a set, A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or worse.

[/ QUOTE ]
The preflop raise is perfectly fine. Nit.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:03 AM

Oh yeah, I was completely card dead and was running at around 12/5 over 100+ hands. So my raises were getting TONS of respect. Which is why I made this raise preflop.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Busted. I need to purge these moments when I feel an ultra-tightness urge coming on. Thanks.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, I was completely card dead and was running at around 12/5 over 100+ hands. So my raises were getting TONS of respect. Which is why I made this raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope that was the reason and you weren't becoming a nit cause you were playing 5/10.

But this looks good to me. With your current image you stand a good chance to pick up the pot on most flops. Button may read you as weak/tight and even though he is nittish himself probably has PT + PA/GT+ and sees you as the same. He will probably raise with a decent amount of hands here. Your OOP and don't want to let a lone club catch up so stick it in. Hopefully the nit doesn't have 2 clubs this time. If he does hope he doesn't have 9T and spike that 7 on his ass.

PS, I predict the title is a ruse and you take this one down or at least get the money in with him drawing to hit his club.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why you can consider a fold here.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:40 AM

I like it, but I admittedly do not play above 50NL.

A push here gives the villain about 2.25:1 odds if he calls his last $540. That's enough to make it wrong for the lone A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] to call, but he may not believe you have the made flush. It's not enough to make it correct for him to fold a set or even top two pair if he knows you have the flush, yet he may fold these hands. I think the combination of your fold equity and possiblity of getting a call from a worse hand make this a good move given that you've already invested $160 in this hand. If he calls with two higher clubs, you've still got the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Waiting for results...