Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Re: I should have just pushed all-in pre-flop right?

I think it depends on what your main goal is.

Is it to

1)Play for first

or

2)Play to get ITM and then go for first.

In the first scenario, if I know the BS is going to push any 2 if I limp then I limp, call his push and double up most of the time.

In the second scenario, since the BB only has t35 left after posting the blind, I limp and hope the BS limps so that we can get the BB to put in his last t35 and check him down. If the BS pushes and the BB folds to save his last t35 then I fold. But, if the BB puts in his last t35, then I push.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think it depends on what your main goal is.

Is it to

1)Play for first

or

2)Play to get ITM and then go for first.

[/ QUOTE ]
Shouldn't this be determined by the current situation? At least in part. And when 1st seems unlikely, 3rd is better than 4th.

That's the way I thought when I started STT's, then changed to more aggressive, as in the AQ push, but now think I should change again to take into account my chances of 1st versus ITM.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:54 PM

I think the most important thing here is to make the Big Blind play the hand. I can't tell you how many times I have seen idiots on the bubble, fold to the BB and let him live.

So I don't think that limping in with AK was so bad. Now the big stack has chips to spare and he made a great move to put you all in.

So the question is are you willing to settle for 3rd. I don't see you having a chance of winning if you fold here. You just don't have enough chips.

I think you're best move is to shove them all in from the get go. If the big stack is smart, he stays out of it. If he runs into a hand, then that's poker and maybe you hit the flop.

Either way, you're worst option is folding without betting. You probably have the best hand and you need to force the Big Blind to play this hand.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:58 PM

Bad move. You are folding AK with 800 chips left and 300 blinds. This is an instacall.