Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Party Took Back my Bonus!!

[ QUOTE ]

Actually, they could be more clear. They use the phrase, "but prior to making a qualifying deposit" as a qualifier here. If I've already made the qualifying deposit, then where does it say that I can't withdraw without forfeiting my bonus?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've assume you're referring to OP's predicament?

[ QUOTE ]

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting us.

We understand your concerns regarding the elapsed bonus. However, we see that you made a Cash Out during the bonus qualifying period, and prior to using the bonus code.

The bonus restrictions do not allow for a Cash Out during this period. This is why it is showing as elapsed on your account.

This restriction applies to all bonuses offered by us unless otherwise stated. To avoid disappointment please check carefully the terms and conditions of all promotions before making a deposit in the future.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Sid
Poker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

So I think he made a withdrawal during the bonus period and then tried to go for the bonus. PP probably messed up and gave it to him (even though he's not eligible). They then realize it later, and killed the bonus.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:17 PM

I was in Tesco a while back, they gave me a free custard pie, I was almost out the door, when I was strong-armed by two burly security guards. They said to me, that I need to give them back the custard pie, a mistake was made, and I wasn't entitled to the promotion, well I told them the truth, that I had eaten it. So they sedated me and gave me an enema, and dumped me by a motor-way in germany and tried to blame the [censored] CIA. Needless to say, I won't be shopping there again soon.

Regards Mack
Old 12-16-2005, 03:17 PM

Consensus be damned.

Party cares.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:22 PM

Party just gave me the hookup - got the bonus after all! holla
Old 12-16-2005, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well I have just done the same thing, I cashed out about 3 days ago or so, they haven't taken it yet, I have another 100 hands to clear

[/ QUOTE ]

you did not do the same thing. The OP cashed-out before making the deposit.
You cashed-out AFTER making the deposit (but before you finished clearing the requirement...which is fine on party...I have done this too).

It's like pokerstars now in this respect.
Don't cash-out BEFORE making the deposit for the bonus. Basically, they just don't want you recycling the same money you already have in the account in order to get the bonus. They want you depositing new money.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:27 PM

They want you depositing new money.

Which is completely asinine given that you can withdraw money after the bonus is cleared. I have more than enough money to deposit $500 that I am getting back in a week anyways. I'm not sure what they can accomplish with the money in a week. I understand Eurobet begging for money, but PP bonuses clear so fast it's a silly pointless charade making me deposit anything at all. I cash out regularly into a bank account anyways since I don;t like having more than 10 buyin's sitting on their site, so I just take care of it all at once. Waste of my time.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:07 AM

"Which is completely asinine given that you can withdraw money after the bonus is cleared."

It's a waste of time for you and me.
but it's a relatively harmless and simple policy that DOES work for them.

Once the money is in there some people are just lazy about cashing it out.
Next thing they know they have an extra $100 in their account from the bonus...and since they were so lazy to cash-out they decide to 'take a shot' at a higher limit...where they proceed to lose at 10/20 or in a $215 tourney.

Lots of people are like you and me and cash it out...and party covers the neteller fee on those cash-outs so they lose some money there.
But that's more than made up for by just getting people to put $500 in there in the first place because enough of those will just reason 'why cash it out since I'm going to want to play again some other time anyway?'

In other words, the policy isn't in there for you. It's for all the gambooolers on party who are a bit dim (and who also happen to make the games as good as they are...so be thankful they have the policy...it helps keep the fish playing more frequently).