Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 07:27 PM

Default Re: does anyone ever find themselves wondering if a site is rigged?

[ QUOTE ]
In the situation you just described he has 5 outs to beat you, and thus has a 20% chance of beating your unimproved KK by the river.

That's 1 in 5, not exactly rare.

And people suffer from selective memory when it comes to big pairs.

You should be using PokerTracker and you could objectively see how often your big pairs actually win.

Over hundreds of AA hands, they win 75% of the time for me, which is pretty damn good, but 1 out of 4 they are going down and it still bothers me... such is poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that was pretty tame as bad beats go... it just happened just now as I was typing is all. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why on earth would you play someplace you were fairly sure was cheating you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure I follow you. Are you implying the fact that they have a big clientele is evidence they probably aren't cheating people?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you really think you're being cheated, why play there?
i think that was the point of the response. you have many options available to you, why play at one you don't trust? (even though the debate about online rigging makes it pretty clear that it's highly unlikely that a site would do that in the first place)

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Oh, and start listening to that little voice that is telling you the other guy has the straight or the flush.

I feel I am playing well. A majority of the time I'm getting drawn out on with crap, even after I've bet and raised the whole way.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you bet and raise everything maybe your opponents give you less credit because you are a maniac liable to have anything. also, what kinds of odds are you giving them to chase? they might be correct to chase straight draws after you've juiced up the pot for them.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Why on earth would you play someplace you were fairly sure was cheating you?

Not sure I follow you. Are you implying the fact that they have a big clientele is evidence they probably aren't cheating people?

[/ QUOTE ]

if you really think you're being cheated, why play there?
i think that was the point of the response. you have many options available to you, why play at one you don't trust? (even though the debate about online rigging makes it pretty clear that it's highly unlikely that a site would do that in the first place)

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Oh, and start listening to that little voice that is telling you the other guy has the straight or the flush.

I feel I am playing well. A majority of the time I'm getting drawn out on with crap, even after I've bet and raised the whole way.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you bet and raise everything maybe your opponents give you less credit because you are a maniac liable to have anything. also, what kinds of odds are you giving them to chase? they might be correct to chase straight draws after you've juiced up the pot for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

About not playing there-- that's probably a good simple point that I need to start considering. I'm playing there now because I'm trying to get all my bonus money out of there.

On betting and raising: I don't mean I'm betting and raising any two cards.... I am playing very tight, rather. I just mean I'm not playing good hands slowly.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:42 PM

Why so you mention Paradise Poker? Do you find variance there greater than at other sites? I'm having big swings on $2/4.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:54 PM

I don't wanna start a whole big conspiracy theory brew ha ha where every idiot in the world says a site is rigged and then every die hard "all online gambling/poker everywhere is 100% legit" crowd comes in and tells them how stupid they are etc.

but the reason I said Paradise is because in about 3000 hands at .5/1 I've observed at least 50-60 quads (probably 7 or so of my own).

I'm too lazy to do the math but its highly whacked. Perhaps just a blip in the vast ocean of variance, but regardless I just don't feel comfortable playing there.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

About not playing there-- that's probably a good simple point that I need to start considering. I'm playing there now because I'm trying to get all my bonus money out of there.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been the downfall of many a player. That bonus money is going to cost you a ton isn't it?
Old 12-08-2005, 11:55 AM

Just quit playing that site. I would seriously doubt the site is cheating you. The most likely would be two or more players colluding, and although the sites say they watch for it, I find it hard to believe they can.

Nonetheless, poker is a psychological, for you and your opponents. If some feeling is bothering you, you aren't going to be in the emotional state you need to win.

Don't worry about your bonuses, seems like you've already lost more than they are worth.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:47 PM

I used to play a lot on interpoker 1-2 to 5-10 pounds

It is not rigged.

Good luck
Old 12-08-2005, 07:39 PM

hehe I have the feeling paradise is the only random site, for me the most rigged is stars, close to party [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2005, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
p.s. down about 450-500 BBs over a short time.

[/ QUOTE ]

hint. losing 450-500 BBs in a short time isn't a downswing. it's a sign of you're terrible.