Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 06:30 AM

Default ever accidently email a whole list instead of just one person?

I have a friend who is going to be in Des Moines and I said I'd go catch his show next week - I also offered to get him stoned and offered him some words of comfort.

I hit reply and sent - and realized I posted to the whole email list and not just him -

so I may have suggested the first felony on the email list - LOL - I'm a moron.

RB
Old 10-15-2005, 08:53 AM

Default Re: ever accidently email a whole list instead of just one person?

hahaha what did u use to email him? how did u accidently do this??
Old 10-15-2005, 09:12 AM

I got included on one once, and it was a link to a video of some guy getting thrown, and ending with his head up a horses ass.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:15 AM

just hotmail -

he posted to the list, but instead of replying to him like I meant to, I replied to the whole list -

no biggie -

RB
Old 10-15-2005, 11:31 AM

Here's a story I was not involved in, but got to laugh at nonetheless.

So it's college, and in one of the CS problem sets there's an error. So... we'll call him Jim... replies to the professor explaining the error and what the fix should be. The professor forwards this on to the whole class so as to benefit the less astute students.

Enter... we'll call him John... reads the forwarded message, doesn't realize that if you reply to a message it doesn't go to the guy that it was forwarded from, ends up replying to everyone who got a copy of the message as well as the sender (the professor), and says "Wipe that brown [censored] of your nose."

Now this professor was a sort of a machine when it came to e-mail. You could fire one off at 4 am and have a reply in 5 minutes. It's really amazing.

Without missing a beat, 5 minutes or so later John gets a reply from the prof:

"Please Clarify."

~D
Old 10-15-2005, 11:40 AM

I used to receive these forwarded chain emails from one of the girls who used in my school even after I graduated. I truely hated her and was getting annoyed to be receiving these stupid emails. So one day I hit the reply all button and wrote a nasty email telling her to shut the [censored] up and stop email me this crap. Needless to say the email contained many swear words. What I did not realise is that this stupid girl had also all the teachers from my old school and even the headmaster in her stupid mailing list.
The next day my inbox was filled with emails from outraged teachers.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:44 AM

I just did this last week. A friend of mine who works at a large, downtown law firm that has a reputation for being somewhat...demanding of it's young lawyers.

Anyway he emailed one of the firms listserves and CC'ed a few other people (including me) to say that he couldn't be at work that evening because he has an urgent personal commitment. I emailed him back, saying something like: "LOL BS dude, you are going to a concert with me" and...CC'ed the firm listserve. Oops.

-Diplomat
Old 10-15-2005, 11:45 AM

No, but it reminded me of this:

When I was finishing grad school, I started applying for jobs. One of them was at Bose, and the hiring manager started off by sending me an email interview. Once I completed it, he wanted me to explain my master's thesis in more depth, so I did. Well apparently I explained it in too much depth, because I received an email back that said something to the effect of "Bill, this is a candidate for position xxxx. Could you please review his email and let me know if it makes sense? I can't help but feel he's just blowing smoke."

So now I'm sitting there, reading this email, thinking the guy I am trying to get a job with doesn't know the difference between "forward" and "reply." I was hoping maybe he wouldn't notice, but I soon got another email that was some sort of automated notice that he tried to have the email returned. So I had no choice but to write back to him and assure him I was NOT blowing smoke, that perhaps I went into too much detail in my reply, and I would be happy to sit down and explain it all to him in person.

He wrote back and invited me in for a real interview.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:07 PM

oh...that's cold.

at least I just hit my musician's list - If I offered to get a friend stoned and cc'd the CEO and company, oh, yes, very bad.

RB
Old 10-15-2005, 12:18 PM

I used to manage a club email list in college. Occasionally someone would get tired of being on the list and instead of taking 2 seconds to figure out who to email to get off, would email all 150 of us. God did that piss me off...