Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 12-10-2004, 09:27 PM
crockpot crockpot is offline
Senior Member

Location: Urbana, IL
Default absolute impostor scam

just got the following email:

-----

From: "Gary McRory" <Gary@AbsolutePoker.absp04.com> Add To Address Book
Subject: bonuses

Dear James,

Just a short note to let you know that you have earned our year end cash bonuses as a VIP player. If you would like this bonus please email me and I will go over the details.

Respectfully,

Gary

VIP Host

---

the email address made it pretty clear this wasn't actually an employee of the site. when i emailed back (due to a combination of boredom and wanting to see how this guy operates), he told me that he wants me to call him so he can 'take time out of his busy day' to explain the bonuses to me. right...

by the way, absp04.com doesn't even exist. you would think the guy would at least steal absolute's graphics and make his own site. jeez, don't they teach con artists anything these days?
Old 12-10-2004, 10:08 PM
moondogg moondogg is offline
Senior Member

Default Re: absolute impostor scam

He's legit. I got the same thing last month so I emailed absolute:

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, he is our VIP host.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. We're here for you!

Maureen
Team Absolute ~ Customer Support
"Continuing to be the Best and Most Trusted"
Support@AbsolutePoker.com

Old 12-10-2004, 10:22 PM
realwtf realwtf is offline
Junior Member

I too thought it was a scam but emailed Absolute and it is legit.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:43 PM
gabyyyyy gabyyyyy is offline
Senior Member

[ QUOTE ]

From: "Gary McRory" <Gary@AbsolutePoker.absp04.com> Add To Address Book

Dear James,

Just a short note to let you know that you have earned our year end cash bonuses as a VIP player. If you would like this bonus please email me and I will go over the details.

Respectfully,

Gary

VIP Host

---

the email address made it pretty clear this wasn't actually an employee of the site. when i emailed back (due to a combination of boredom and wanting to see how this guy operates), he told me that he wants me to call him so he can 'take time out of his busy day' to explain the bonuses to me. right...

by the way, absp04.com doesn't even exist. you would think the guy would at least steal absolute's graphics and make his own site. jeez, don't they teach con artists anything these days?

[/ QUOTE ]

See Avatar
Old 12-10-2004, 10:55 PM
Cubswin Cubswin is offline
Senior Member

Glad to see you posting in the internet forum gabyyyy... its where you belong
Old 12-10-2004, 11:25 PM
Yobz Yobz is offline
Senior Member

Location: Bonus whoring Party/InterPoker

What kind of stuff do they offer you, anyway?