Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2004, 02:59 PM

Default Choice Poker: Should I be worried about my money?

I hope no one minds me interrupting the drama for some poker related talk.

I put in a request to withdraw all the money from my Choice Poker account last Monday (eight days ago). Their withdrawals are supposed to take four days, so I wasn't worried when the money still wasn't in my Neteller account Friday. By Monday morning I was a little worried. I contacted live support and was told that they were having trouble with their wire transfers and that this isn't unusual with business in Costa Rica.

Still nothing today. I contacted live support and got the same answer. This time I was told that their manager was at the bank trying to solve the problem at that very moment.

This all sounds very suspicious to me. Should I be worried? Fortunately I withdrew most of my money from Choice a few weeks ago so I'm only talking about a small amount here, but I'm still not very happy.

Jon, any comments?
Old 03-16-2004, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Choice Poker: Should I be worried about my money?

I wouldn't worry, I got a withdrawl credited recently. I bet you get it today sometime. Let me know.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope no one minds me interrupting the drama for some poker related talk.

I put in a request to withdraw all the money from my Choice Poker account last Monday (eight days ago). Their withdrawals are supposed to take four days, so I wasn't worried when the money still wasn't in my Neteller account Friday. By Monday morning I was a little worried. I contacted live support and was told that they were having trouble with their wire transfers and that this isn't unusual with business in Costa Rica.

Still nothing today. I contacted live support and got the same answer. This time I was told that their manager was at the bank trying to solve the problem at that very moment.

This all sounds very suspicious to me. Should I be worried? Fortunately I withdrew most of my money from Choice a few weeks ago so I'm only talking about a small amount here, but I'm still not very happy.

Jon, any comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, you should be worried about your money. Anytime a site doesn't have your money to you when they say they will, it's time to worry.

Hoppy, just b/c you got your money, doesn't mean everyone else. I'm not saying JTG won't get his/her money, but it's at least 2 business days past when he should have received his money and that's too long.

I logged onto this site last night at 9:30 EST, which is in the heart of primetime and they had one (1) real money ring-player logged on and seven (7) play money players. That isn't a good sign.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:23 PM

I logged onto this site last night at 9:30 EST, which is in the heart of primetime and they had one (1) real money ring-player logged on and seven (7) play money players. That isn't a good sign.

To be fair they usually have a $1/$2 game going in the afternoon, but you are right. Not a good sign at all.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:00 PM

When I was playing there I cashed out every 2-300 I won because I felt it was a risk to me as long as they were using 96 hours for a cashout.
(I don't care much for their excuse of having chipdumpers at their site, how hard would that be to monitor with max 2 games going?)

Trust Noone except your mother, but even then cut the deck!
Old 03-17-2004, 05:20 AM

I have also problems cashing out at choice poker. I did ask a full payout 7 days ago. I emailed them and got this response;
We would like to deeply apologize but at the moment we suffering a temporary cash out delay due to a transfer that hasn't reached us. We are located in Costa Rica and transfers can get delayed sometimes. I apologize again, as soon as we credit your account we will let you know. Thank you in advance for your kind understanding!

Now we are 2 days futher and still no money in my Neteller account..
Old 03-17-2004, 08:11 AM

I cashed out a VERY small amount 7 days ago and nothing.
Old 03-17-2004, 09:53 AM

I am quite concerned about this, and have attempted to cashout the remaining balance of my account.

The site has a number of insiteful features, and would be a great place to play if they only had a little more traffic. Unfortunately, Choice may permanently tarnish their reputation if they do not immediately address cashout concerns... even if the cause of those delays is completely legit.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:58 AM

I played and cleared my bonus thier and complety cashed out all of my money and recieved in it a week.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:20 PM

Yeah, but was that recently?