Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2005, 02:21 AM

Default Anyone be up for something like this? HU matches.

In the spirit of the hand swapping thread, and inspired by gonores and james' HU match I thought it might be fun, and educational if some of the micro folks did something like this as well. I know my HU game needs work, and I'm sure I'm not alone. So the idea is as follows, pair off interest micro players to play HU matches, preferrably at the nano limits so there's no bankroll issues for someone who may want to participate but doesn't want to/can't invest the $$ to do this at .50/1 or 1/2. After the matches one of the players would do a brief write up of the hands (all or some?) and then the other player would add their commentary and it would be posted to the forum for review, critique, whatever. If there's someone who wants to challenge another poster, cool, if not we can just pair off.

Would anyone be interested in such a thing?
Old 01-28-2005, 03:52 AM

Default Re: Anyone be up for something like this? HU matches.

Yeah I got a stars account. How low do they go? Like nickel/dime or .02/.04 would be sweet. I'm down. I love playing HU and 3-way.

Brad
Old 01-28-2005, 04:03 AM

I'm on pokerroom and would play 0.25/0.50 or play money for a prop bet. Interested parties reply here or private message me.
Old 01-28-2005, 05:14 AM

Exactly what I had in mind. Though it could be at whatever limit the paired off players decided upon if others want to play higher. It'd be great practice, and good fun. Would make for a fun challenge too probably. Not sure if enough people would be interested to take it to that level though.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:00 AM

Location: Condemned to a lifetime in the kiddie pool, where I will never make moves.

Count me in. I only have a party and a party skin account.
But I'd be willing to open another account to play this.

Also, someone clue me in on some good bonus or rakeback deals if I do this.

<ul type="square"> Here's a couple posters I'd be willing to challenge. If you see your name on this list...[*]Freakin-just cuz we're doing the open challenge[*]mmbt0ne-I steal his blinds like no other [*]shillx-You are probably more gooder than me, but I have a feeling SH is not your game [*]Ed Miller- &lt;*(((&gt;&lt;( <font color="white">I'm trying to lure him into the kiddie pool</font> [*]Entity-No more weak tightie from me![*]CWSports-Gotta see if my local rakeback guy is any good[/list]
<font color="white">Can you find the other white text in this post?</font>
Old 01-28-2005, 07:52 AM

How does this work; private tables or are there such things as HU tables on some sites?

I've played some $10 HU S&amp;Gs on Pacific.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:01 AM

Location: Condemned to a lifetime in the kiddie pool, where I will never make moves.

Someone feel free to call me out and talk trash. Then we can play HU and claim bragging rights.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:09 AM

Most likely private table. I know some sites offer HU tables, but not sure what stakes are available.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I got a stars account. How low do they go? Like nickel/dime or .02/.04 would be sweet. I'm down. I love playing HU and 3-way.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey, just signed up for stars. They have .02/.04 hold em HU.
My username there is zephed56. If you ever find me on there, we should go at it.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:14 AM

Default Alrighty then..

Since it looks like this might be able to work, why don't interested parties post the limit/site they would like, any challenges they'd like to make, etc. Anyone who doesn't have a poster they'd like to call out, post and we can arrange match ups based on site/limit.

I only have party/skin accounts now, but I can open an account wherever needed. I'll check back later tonight and see if the response is such to start pairing off players.