Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Re: Possible answer to the cents / hand & bonus@pp VIP issue

[ QUOTE ]
Did you call them or they call you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I called them up after reading Bob's post. I dont really want to play this fraudulent game that others are doing for rakeback when I can possibly work within the system of Party Poker.

The initial compensation may not be the same but I have a feeling it will work out long-term. This is assuming that Party makes at least a reasonable intital offer on incentives.

The number I called was the normal Party cs phone number.

The VIP Loyalty team has a phone number but it's not public until you are accepted into the program sounds like to me.

Luckily for me I played hard on Party for 2 1/2 years before I ever had rakeback. Party knows this. I'm sure they know the gross revenues of my account since I opened it in late 2002. I joined the rakeback gig way late-late 2004.

With better games at Party now then before The Split I'll be putting more time in at Party I know that.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thats like 2.56 cents per played hand if you assume ~2/3'rds of all your hands are raked-that really sux bad. But at least its a starting point I guess.

You should have gotten an offer of at least 4-5 cents per played hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate the fact that Party is trying, but they don't realize how much of a gap there still is. For me, playing 5/10 and 10/20 6 max, I would say that my averages are 5 handed and $2 in rake. That's $.40 MGR/hand, so 12 cents a hand at 30% r******k. Even 6.6% leaves my new rb at about 15%. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Dan
Old 10-21-2005, 10:50 PM

Bob,

What level do you play?... it would make some sense that the offers are not only tied to your volume, but also play level (based on past experience), even if the offer doesn't explicitly state that you must play at a certain level.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:59 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

[ QUOTE ]
Bob,

What level do you play?... it would make some sense that the offers are not only tied to your volume, but also play level (based on past experience), even if the offer doesn't explicitly state that you must play at a certain level.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would expect this is why they would like to try and tie things to Party Points and not rakes hands. The scaling system on the points actually benefits those at a higher level and thus a higher rake.
Old 10-22-2005, 03:12 AM

I've played everything from 3/6 to 15/30 on party within the past few months.
But mostly just some of the single-table sat's into bigger tourneys (and some of the bigger tourneys themselves obviously).

I set up a new account at Party a few months ago...so it doesn't have much of a track record (I mentioned in my e-mail that I had 'returned' to party after closing my previous account and told them my old party handle as well so they could look it up if they wanted).

Obviously, like most people, I hadn't been playing a lot on Party lately.

I am playing mostly 5/10 6-max currently.
And they have no way of knowing that my claims of 50k hands a month would be valid unless they just take my word for it that I've been doing that on other sites (including sites off the party network).

I'm kind of with goodguy on this one.
I'll be okay with even 10% rake-back that is APPROVED then run the risks of getting it behind their backs at 25%.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'm even up to 10% yet at the rate that they're giving me.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:14 AM

i also got this phone call from party yesterday, offering $700 for 17.5k hands that I had until the end of the month to clear. The area code for the number was 206 for anyone that likes to screen their calls...
Old 10-22-2005, 02:23 PM

damn. mine was $700 for 18k hands I believe.

Even YOUR crappy offer was STILL better than mine.

Again, this might also relate to it already being near the end of the month and they are paying you for the hands that you have already played.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:50 PM

Im pretty sure my offer was the worst. The guy offered me 300 for 40k hands by the end of the month. I told him i usually do about 45k in an entire month and 40k from now was way way too much. He then offered me 100 for 15k hands. I told him that this was insanely low compared to what i get on other sites. I told him i play 3/6 and 5/10 and he told me id get a much better offer once i begin playing(i havent played at party in 4 months). Im not really surprised at my offer, as when i left party i was playing .50/1 and about 15k hands a month.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
damn. mine was $700 for 18k hands I believe.

Even YOUR crappy offer was STILL better than mine.

Again, this might also relate to it already being near the end of the month and they are paying you for the hands that you have already played.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how they decide who gets what. It sounds to me like each rep makes their own deals.

I transfered money from my account into my brother-in-laws account (which he had never used) and he played perhaps 10K hands over two months, losing the $2000 I gave him (this was in Dec. 2004 and Jan. 2005). He has not played since, but he got an email and popup for $670. if he played 6750 hands.

I've been playing on Party for almost two years, some months as little as 1000 hands, some months as many at 20K hands. I got ZIPPO - no email, no popup, no nothing.

Things like this really make we look forward to another site coming along that will reward me for my usual 30K hands a month.

Arbitrary sucks.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but he got an email and popup for $670. if he played 6750 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
this popup was probably about 6750 points and not hands, right?