Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2004, 12:21 PM

Default ATs: good laydown?

Hello,
Recently I have been working on knowing when to go to a showdown and when to let it go, as I think I am losing a lot by going too far with bad hands. Was this a good laydown? The villian here is a TP-A Mouse using bisonbison's system and I have over 200 hands on her.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB
Old 12-22-2004, 12:25 PM

Default Re: ATs: good laydown?

Looks like you have just six cards that can help you improve on the river, and it's quite possible (likely, even?) that none of them will make you a winner. Looks like a good laydown when you're only getting 6.25-1 to call.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:42 PM

This is a very easy fold.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:45 PM

Pot's tiny, you took a shot at it, followed through on the turn and it didn't work out. Lay it down. You can't beat 22 bluffing at this at the moment, easy fold.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:53 PM

Based on your read of the opponent and her flop action, I really don't thing A-high is good on the flop or the turn. I check behind on the turn. I smelt a trap, but of course it's easy to say that seeing her checkraise.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:04 PM

Funny you should say that. At the time, the BB checked the instant the cards were on the table. It may have just been internet lag, but I thought that she had decided to check before she even saw the cards. If she had crap she would have folded to my PF raise - she is no idiot, and she is aggressive post flop. So, rather than lag, I think she had a great hand and had already basically decided to checkraise.

Oh well
Old 12-22-2004, 01:07 PM

Right - the most important variable in this equation is the 'T' in her TP-A moniker.