Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 01:04 PM

Default little aggression showed and i have third best hand

Again not a real good read on this table from my observation it was fairly weak tight. But it was too early to tell. When everyone checked flop here i am inclined to bet but is that the right thing to do. Not sure if its worth trying to win this pot outright since its not very big
but i dont think its right to just give it away either.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO checks.

Turn: (2 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">
Old 11-15-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: little aggression showed and i have third best hand

fairly weak tight
I would have bet this flop. The Q on the turn is too dangerous against the limpers, I would probably just c/f it.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:59 PM

I'm not really positive how you have the third best hand here. Maybe you mean 3rd pair 2nd kicker. I would've bet the flop.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:15 PM

Holding second pair with an overcard and backdoor possibilities in a four-way field behind a check and no pre-flop raise, I think a flop bet here is pretty standard. If you were first to act, had a weaker kicker, etc. I think checking might become right. But you have a solid chance of having the best hand and have a bunch of ways to improve on the turn if called/raised. (If just called you may be good anyway).