Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-22-2005, 01:43 AM

Default 1-2 6mx AA overpair problems.

First hand I have TT in the bb and no real reads. 3 limpers, I make it 15 to go. the last 2 limpers call.

Flop comes 7 5 3 rainbow. Decent flop. 50 in pot, I lead for 35. One villan calls. Turn is an offsuit 2. I bet 50. Villan pushes for an extra 100. Fold?

Hnad two, I have AA in sb. 1 limper, I make it 9 (normally I riase more but I was busy 6 tabling so mistakes happen). Villan calls. Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I have red aces. I bet pot, villan calls. Turn is J. I bet 2/3 villan calls. 115 in pot. River makes the flush, 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I check, villan goes allin 101.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Re: 1-2 6mx AA overpair problems.

Hand 1: in a game with so many calling stations, you're f/e is almost nil. I prob check the TT in bb. They'll call you if you hit. As it is, you're in a tough spot with almost any cards if you continue to fire and get calls. As it is, it looks like a fold.

hand 2: I guess i fold at end.

Maybe play fewer tables to get some reads. I can play 3 tables short pretty well, but usually add a fourth when im comfortable.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:30 AM

First hand I would check turn, second hand I would call.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:19 AM

hand 1 im pushing back, i think he probably has 76 and is faking the str8

i think its pretty obvious hes chasing, i push on the turn in hand 2, and i dont think he calls
Old 11-22-2005, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: in a game with so many calling stations, you're f/e is almost nil. I prob check the TT in bb.

[/ QUOTE ]
I really don't understand this Lucky. TT has a significant preflop equity advantage. Hero is raising for value, isn't he?
Old 11-22-2005, 06:42 AM

Hand 1 ... I don't understand Lucky saying not to raise TT preflop here?
The only thing I would've done differently is raise somewhat less preflop. I think this will help keep the pot smaller so that if necessary, it will be easier to get away from the hand.

As it plays out - I think I would fold here. I find it really strange that your opponents first limp and then call 6.5 BBs more ? Sounds pretty LAP to me ... Villain could be holding a mighty strange two pair, bigger overpair or a set. With absolutely no idea where I stand, I fold.

Hand 2, with 1 limper, I think the preflop raise is quite right. The only thing I would've played differently is the river. When the 3rd spade hits and you check - you're giving villain an invitation to take the pot away from you. I think this is a spot where you need to put in a block-bet.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:51 AM

Hand 1: check turn

Hand 2: fold river