Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-10-2004, 08:55 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default An extention of Enon\'s dilemma...

Here's the original thread...
Enon's moral dilemma

For all those that think he was wrong, what would you do if this person showed up on your table the next day?

b
Old 11-11-2004, 01:35 AM

Default Re: An extention of Enon\'s dilemma...

Perhaps a dead baby joke?
Old 11-11-2004, 02:39 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

bernie - We've had this discussion about a few players we know. Unfortunatly there just isn't much you can do. Hell I practically begged Pat to shut it down before he lost his wife, house, job ect... but it just doesn't work. If a person has a problem I don't know how to stop them from hurting themselves until they figure out they are hurting themselves and want to stop.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:36 AM

But would you still play at his table with this knowledge or would you leave the cardroom/game Knowing the reasons/story behind his blowing chips like krakatoa? (not sure if i spelled that right [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

b
Old 11-11-2004, 05:56 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

The truth of the matter is that only 1 or 2 games can support you in the room. Leaving the game just because he is in it would be financial suicide.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:04 PM

The reason i asked the question is because of all the players on their high horses who think Enon was a scum for doing what he did. Like these players would find another room, or leave the game if they saw this guy on the table again in the same frame of mind. I also like how it's ok to fleece the guy in a full table setting but not in a HU spot. It's not really different. You're just not 'sharing' with the other players. The intent is the exact same. Based on some of the responses, everyone at the full table should've been 'ashamed' of themselves for playing with him. The question itself should be would you play with this type of person with the info you know?

The answer for all those guys is 'yes'. In fact, they likely play with some of these types, though probably much less aggressive, all the time. But i guess that's where out of 'sight' out of mind comes into play.

[ QUOTE ]
Leaving the game just because he is in it would be financial suicide.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then it shouldn't really matter his condition. You'd play in it anyways. You can feel for the guy while taking his money. It may be a 'darker' side of the game some don't like to admit to partaking in, but it still is part of the game. It isn't all joy and champagne like at the end of a WPT show.

b