Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 08-30-2004, 05:19 AM

Default Music to my ears

I was playing poker online tonight, then I called my cousin and decided to meet him at the diner for a quick bite.

As we were walking out, there was someone walking in and my cousin and he recognized each other from the old days.

Anyway after the formal introductions were made.... my cousin asked him where he was coming from this late in the evening.

The old friend said, "I'm coming home from my uncles house where we just had this huge Texas Hold'em Tournament."

I shead a tear.

I was infront of a store the other day and while walkiig in I heard two guys talking to each other, one guy was venting to the other...

"Those $&*@ing KINGS!!! He outdrew me!! On the last card!!!"

I smirked and walked inside.

Thank you..
1) David Sklansky & Mason Malmuth for writing poker books
2) Thank you ESPN, DISCOVERY, FSN, and TRAVEL for televising poker.

Thank you everyone who had a helping hand in making poker so popular as it is TODAY, now I know that I'll never starve again because of YOU!

Thank you everyone that had a huge helping hand in making poker so popular

Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!
Old 08-30-2004, 06:40 AM

Default Re: Music to my ears

a few things:

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you everyone who had a helping hand in making poker so popular as it is TODAY, now I know that I'll never starve again because of YOU!

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it was somebody's law of something but for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction...maybe keplar's 3rd law of planetary motion...who knows, maybe that one was an object in motion stays in motion...both of those seem contradicorally apt here. but moreso the former.

eventually poker will die down as people go broke or lose interest. or maybe it'll be like drinking.

but i'm jealous of those pros NOW...but in 2 years when im making 3-6 times what most pros make i'll be happy...unfortunately now i realize how much money i give up with every hour i'll be unable to play poker in the upcoming 2 years.

so have fun and make money while it lasts...i hope it'll still be around in 2 years for weekend trips while i rake in some mad loot.

-Barron
Old 08-30-2004, 09:53 AM

D-
[ QUOTE ]
eventually poker will die down as people go broke or lose interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

BJ, craps, and slots have seemed to hang on so far... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

fsD
Old 08-30-2004, 10:16 AM

Default Come on, Poindexter!

i think it was somebody's law of something but for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction...maybe keplar's 3rd law of planetary motion

Suppose two objects collide in a frictionless environment.

The force that Object 1 exerts on Object 2 (i.e. to stop 2's forward motion) is always equal to the force that Object 2 exerts on Object 1 - but in the opposite direction.

Mathematically, it's F(1->2) = -[F(2->1)].

You were close: it's Newton's Third Law of Motion.

(First: Objects at rest or in motion tend to stay that way unless acted on by an outside force.

Second: Force = mass x acceleration)
Old 08-30-2004, 01:18 PM

You're welcome.

-Dimitri