Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-30-2005, 04:01 AM

Default Re: I can\'t get away from top set here can I? *DELETED*

[ QUOTE ]
And just so there's no misunderstanding, against almost any other opponent, I'd stick it in on the turn here. At the very least, a call is in order because the hand ranges dicatate that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, a call is in order. That is not what you said before, and it is what scdavis and I had a problem with. (I dont mean to put words in his mouth though)

You said you felt if you were behind you can fold to the turn raise. That is never right.

[ QUOTE ]

And so there is no further misunderstanding, what you said is offensive and rude.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, Im going to sleep, nh freakdaddy.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all a call makes no sense.

If your read is that he has a flush 100.000% of the time, your implied odds are 3.2763 to 1 and as you pointed out you need 3.40529 to 1 in order to play on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I figured something out about 2+2. I think when people are really running bad for that day/week or whatever, they come on here to vent against other posters.

You really haven't understood anything I've said to this point. Yet because I've been insulted I feel compeled to defend my inital post and try and explain this better.

1) My inital post contained a question. The question was, does a loose passive fish mini-raise this turn with anything other then the nuts (which here would be the ace high flush)? Here is my evidence to support an otherwise absurd conclusion against ANY other opponent.
A) Hero showed a lot of strength pre-flop OOP.
B) Villian called flop - typical line for a passive flush chaser here.
C) A diamond came on the turn (a scare card for a fish), who then mini-raises hero. Hmmm... Still sound like a passive fish to you?
D) My experience has shown that villian has the exact hand you don't want to see here in this spot.

2) I did not advocate a call. I advocated a fold. I said that against most other opponents at least a call is in order considering the hand ranges and odds being given to hero.

3) I realize quite clearly that saying someone has X hand 100% of the time is tough to swallow for most players, but if you disagree, or your experience shows you others PLEASE say so. I'd rather share information then tell someone they're an idiot.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:11 AM

Default Re: I can\'t get away from top set here can I?

True, I did make a mistake in not assuming hero will be paid off here(if he just calls), which he will most of the time if he connects - that was a lack of thinking. You could have just pointed that out though and I would have went... uhh... duhhh. I'm not saying that I never brain fart. Your calculations are a little off though.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:48 AM

FREAKDADDY HE'S GETTING 4 TO 1 ON THE TURN

GOOD DAY SIR
Old 12-30-2005, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FREAKDADDY HE'S GETTING 4 TO 1 ON THE TURN

GOOD DAY SIR

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, but you initially said 3 to 1 and I did my math off of that without double checking the hand. I guess you deleted that now.

Grow up.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:10 AM

I said better than 3 to 1

The second post which I edited but you quoted was a joke
Old 12-30-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

3) I realize quite clearly that saying someone has X hand 100% of the time is tough to swallow for most players, but if you disagree, or your experience shows you others PLEASE say so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Putting someone on a hand with 100% certainty before they flip it up is misguided.

Putting someone on a hand with >90% certainty at $200 6-Max is foolish.

Putting a "loose, awful fish" on a hand with >75% certainty at $200 6-Max is just plain dumb.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:20 PM

Putting someone on a hand with 100% confidence and then taking the WRONG action must be worst of all
Old 12-30-2005, 02:27 PM