Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-22-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Re: I\'m going broke here everytime right? AKs 100NL

aakk beats aa22
Old 12-22-2005, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
aakk beats aa22

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, AAKK beats AA22, but it does not beat 222.

EDIT: I have to agree with pretty much everyone thus far. You took a good line and took a tough beat. It happens, shake it off and reload.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:45 PM

Seems like alot of people here overvalue AK preflop and post flop. I will certainly lose alot on this board as well, but I wouldnt have played for my whole stack. Play for your whole stack when your the one with a set of dueces. With no reads, two pair is not worth losing your entire stack. Thats all I am saying. Bloating the pot up like this makes it impossible to get away from.

I personally would raise more like 4xBB preflop, then half the pot on the flop, then 3/4 on the turn if you put him on a draw. Then if he still calls and a blank comes, put in a good value bet on the river. If he comes over the top on the river he most likely has a slow played monster. AK should not be a losing hand, your doing something wrong obviously.

Also ask yourself what hands call your turn push that you can beat? You dont have enough reads to tell if villian would PF raise with AQ, so that is a possibility. With his range of cards, the only hand that I see him calling here that you have beat is AQ, some sort of monster draw, A6, A2.
I dont think most people are calling A6 or A2 to a preflop raise. You want him to have AQ really. He bet into a PF raiser that showed strength on the flop, that always smells fishy. The way villian played the hand was well because it looked like a good draw and I probably would have put him on a draw and donated my money to him.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like alot of people here overvalue AK preflop and post flop. I will certainly lose alot on this board as well, but I wouldnt have played for my whole stack. Play for your whole stack when your the one with a set of dueces. With no reads, two pair is not worth losing your entire stack. Thats all I am saying. Bloating the pot up like this makes it impossible to get away from.

I personally would raise more like 4xBB preflop, then half the pot on the flop, then 3/4 on the turn if you put him on a draw. Then if he still calls and a blank comes, put in a good value bet on the river. If he comes over the top on the river he most likely has a slow played monster. AK should not be a losing hand, your doing something wrong obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

AK two pair on a non-straight, non-flush board is essentially a set. I'll go to felt with no other Broadway cards out there. I do not think hero overplayed this hand. If he had A2 or K2, then hero would have made a huge mistake.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AK two pair on a non-straight, non-flush board is essentially a set. I'll go to felt with no other Broadway cards out there. I do not think hero overplayed this hand. If he had A2 or K2, then hero would have made a huge mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only think the most donkey players would call the turn push without a hand that beats hero.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I only think the most donkey players would call the turn push without a hand that beats hero.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at villain's stack, he is pot committed and shoudl call with the flush draw.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like alot of people here overvalue AK preflop and post flop. I will certainly lose alot on this board as well, but I wouldnt have played for my whole stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 12-22-2005, 07:16 PM

Offtopic:
[ QUOTE ]
Half a pot on the flop is laying 3:1 to a flush draw, which doesn't make them chase incorrectly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Chasing a flush is 4:1 per card. Betting half pot on the flop and turn makes chasing incorrect without implied odds.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then I guess it's a good thing that there are lots of super donkeys out there.

To OP: Hand looks perfect, sorry you lost.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:04 AM

I agree with every1 that hand looks fine.

I think that you could possibly, maybe just call on the turn, but your stack is most probably getting in on the river anyway

gunther, the raise preflop is fine, AK is a good hand, and you should play it as one, dont let people see a flop for cheap. As for betting 1/2 pot on flop, as the others say, that lets opponent draw for too cheap.

OP, unlucky, but take some pleasure in the fact if you also play AA and KK like that on this board your getting all his money those times [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Out of interest, if you were villian in this position..would you be at all scared of AA and KK (baring in mind AK is the only other hand hero can play like this), or is that far too weak?