Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 08:56 AM

Default Re: Help w/ earbuds - Shure E5C vs others

I wish so badly I could buy a nice pair of earbuds. But I lose them or break them all the time, so I can't. Right now I am using a pair of sennheiser earbuds, which are petty fair quality and might just be the best for the under $25 range.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wish so badly I could buy a nice pair of earbuds. But I lose them or break them all the time, so I can't. Right now I am using a pair of sennheiser earbuds, which are petty fair quality and might just be the best for the under $25 range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the reason I said I used to have a pair of ER-6i's is because I lost them about 6 months ago. I hate myself.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
munkster,

I have e3cs and love them. bass is low but I don't listen to much bass-y music. I've heard great things about the e4c's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the E3cs as well, and never found a problem with the bass (though I do have the eq turned up a bit on the iPod). Are you sure that you have a good fit in your ear? I get the best results with the foam plugs.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:27 AM

Someone explain earbuds to me. I just got a Nano and the earbuds hurt like a mofo. I was about to say the hell with it when I realized I could put in a different set of headphones (duh). So, now I'm wearing some crappy airline headphones that actually go over my ear. Now I'm comfortable and the sound quality is exactly the same.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:09 PM

Get the soft tip, rubber/foam earbuds. A little pricey, but if u listen to music regularly, definetely worth it. The ipod stock ear "buds" are HUGE, they do hurt 'cuz they are made of plastic+metal=ouch. I have the $30 sony ones, worth every penny.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone explain earbuds to me. I just got a Nano and the earbuds hurt like a mofo. I was about to say the hell with it when I realized I could put in a different set of headphones (duh). So, now I'm wearing some crappy airline headphones that actually go over my ear. Now I'm comfortable and the sound quality is exactly the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

good earbuds will fit well, block out other sounds, and give you a great overall experience...i have some cheap sony earbuds with my nano and they work very well...
Old 12-09-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what about the e2's for just walking around campus and plane rides and such?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really dislike the E2s. It's worth it for me to go up to the e3 or e4. The e2s are really uncomfortable.