Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Party Poker November VIP Payments

I did get my VPIP payment but was short of my target. 8000 raked hands of 5/10 plus about about 70 sng's I recieved a whopping $200. I got no reload bonuses. So at the moment I am pretty pissed at party(I guess I am in the minority) and sent them an email this am telling them so.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I've just recently started playing on Party again (maybe last week of November).

I 4-table the $10/20 6max on there and have some unmentionable.

Can I still qualify for the VIP thing? How do I go about doing so?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the general process is that you email them and ask them for an offer. For me, I didn't ask, but I still got something. I have no idea how they decided how much I should get, but when I look at the bonus amount and my MGR, it turned out to be around 10% of my MGR. I don't know how this compares to what others' have gotten, but it was a nice surprise.

If you have the unmentionable, and wondering how it gets figured in, I think it works like any other bonuses which means it gets subtracted from your MGR.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
over 24 hours since I sent my e-mail and no response from them.

While this isn't unexpected from Party because they are typically slow to respond I do believe it is indicative of the kind of service we are receiving even though the responses are supposed to come faster for VIP-customers.
I am coming to them with a legitimate complaint that they are not paying me the amount I am due....and they are being quite lax in getting around to address my legitimate concerns.

I know that baronzeus had success when he reached them by phone....but my e-mail has already been sent and I don't think that it's that unreasonable for them to be able to respond to it in a timely manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am interested to see how they handle things. Meanwhile, I know they like to make these offers over the phone but next time they call, you might consider to ask them to send you an email containing the agreement you just made with them over the phone. This might also help you WHEN (not if) they do this to you next month for proof a specific agreement was made.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:03 PM

follow-up to my situation.

They originally paid me $600 when they actually owed me $975 (based on the percentage of the target that I played...I did not reach the full-target).

I sent them an e-mail telling them they owed me another $375.

Today, without any explanation, they credited me with another $160.

Cheap-skates.

To my mind they still owe me another $215.
This is the exact math. I played 78% of the hands.
75% of $1250 if $975.
This is how I was told it would work...and this is the type of deal many others had as well.

At 4.1 cents per hand (what I was essentially offered originally) I made excuses that this might barely be worth it and that hopefully the offers will be better in the future.
For 3 cents per hand or less it's possible I would have passed on it.
While it doesn't sound like a lot or should be considered that big a deal I do believe I have a right to not be lied to regarding how much I am getting paid on their site.

There are other sites out there with offers that are better...who don't reneg on their offers and just give less by changing the rules after the fact.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:51 PM

This whole VIP Club thing is very vague to me.
I got something for Nov without even knowing about it. In one sense I'm happy for this little surprise, but had I gotten an offer, how would that have compared to what I actually got? It sounds like the bonus is based on the amount of hands played, but right now, Party doesn't have a consistent system to track your volume that is transparent to the player.

So you will say something like, "I played X hands, so I am owed $Y" But how are we supposed to prove we played X hands? Send them PT screenshots?.. not. So without some kind of system set up for us to know where we stand, I don't know how we are supposed to know how Party VIP Club is administering this VIP bonus.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:50 PM

they are changing to a party-points rewards system and I expect that the December offers (assuming they ever get around to actually sending them out) will be entirely based on this.

They seemed to have started that transition last mth. They first gave some of the 'older' VIP members the raked-hands targets.
Then some of the newer ones who hadn't gotten to VIP yet got automated e-mails with party-points as their target.
There were some, like me, who were forgotten about from the original offer so got 2 seperate VIP offers.
I still haven't been paid for the 2nd one (the party-points one) and don't know if I will. I think once I reminded them of the first one this might have cancelled the 2nd one....but they haven't explained that to me or apologized for sending an e-mail offer that I wasn't supposed to be getting or anything like that. They just said that they would honor the first offer (without saying that the 2nd one was not valid).

I was extremely excited when they started this and still harbour hopes they can get it turned around. But they are really fouling-up all over the place. And it really isn't something that should be THAT difficult to implement.

Even if it's for their top 20k high-volume players I feel like I could sit down and put together a system that would make more sense for both the player AND the website and increase EV from both ends (remember....if party offers more then their players will be inclined to play more).
Old 12-07-2005, 06:33 PM

Reading about the Party blunders make me that more interested in seeing what Stars comes up with for their VIP program. I thought that was targeted for some time in December which means it can't be far off now. I have not played at Party since the split and don't regret it at all.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There were some, like me, who were forgotten about from the original offer so got 2 seperate VIP offers.
I still haven't been paid for the 2nd one (the party-points one) and don't know if I will.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said before, I have it in writing that I'm going to get both bonuses: the raked hand one and the "Thanksgiving" points-for-cash one. But, and here's something odd, the pop-up and email I got about the Thanksgiving one didn't mention the VIP club at all. It was just the same text that people had posted here (There's thanksgiving and there's giving thanks, etc. etc.), but without the word "VIP".

Strange things are afoot and no mistake.

Guy.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Reading about the Party blunders make me that more interested in seeing what Stars comes up with for their VIP program. I thought that was targeted for some time in December which means it can't be far off now. I have not played at Party since the split and don't regret it at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lee Jones told me in an email that it should be up within a month...I'm just praying for any reason to leave Party and their laughable VIP fiasco behind. WHile he didn't share details, he implied that it would be something like Party's VIP program (but run competently), which would provide high-volume players with cash-equivalent incentives based on their volume of play.
Stars: don't Fyuck this up.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:17 PM

I'm starting to get really pissed off. I emailed them 3 times and they told me that they are gonna get back with me within 1-2 days. That was last Monday. I called them and they told me they're gonna call me back within 2 days again. Still nothing.