Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-05-2005, 09:40 AM

Default Establishing an image

I still don't think enough about image, but I tried to make a play here that I thought might help. Villain is 50/42/6.6 after my first 50 hands with him.

This was my 3rd hand at the table. I was calling a river bet.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB
Old 12-05-2005, 09:47 AM

Default Re: Establishing an image

I don't understand really why you'd play the hand any differently.

&amp;#20877;&amp;#35265;
Old 12-05-2005, 10:44 AM

I though folding on the turn would be standard.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:05 AM

50/42/6.6 .....
Old 12-05-2005, 11:06 AM

this means you go to SD UI?
Seems like the board is kinda friendly for us so far.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:07 PM

I guess for me it would depend a lot on what I had seen of this guys play so far. i.e. is he at all position aware? Their are guys with those stats where a SB 3-bet still means something. Something as little as any A or pp but thats still enough to beat you. I'd feel better if you could at least beat a monkey hand like KTo which he would prob also play this way. Once he checks the river I'd say you've got a shot but you dont know that till after you've called the turn bet.

And I dont think calling bets from a guy with an aggression factor of 6 really does anything for your "image" beyond telling people you draw to overcards like every other fish. Feel free to tell me what you think he or others will now think about you that makes it worth it here.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:19 PM

If his aggro factor is so high, why not check his went to showdown %? If his went to showdown is reasonable, check which street he folds to a raise most often, and then raise him on the appropriate street.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If his aggro factor is so high, why not check his went to showdown %? If his went to showdown is reasonable, check which street he folds to a raise most often, and then raise him on the appropriate street.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds cool, but I think you need a ton of hands on him for this to work at all.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:29 PM

As has been hinted elsewhere, I think this pot might be a good candidate for a free-showdown raise on the turn.

This depends, of course, on whether there's a chance he threebets the turn with less than K-high. Very few players are capable of doing this, but his aggression factor is off the chart, so who knows? If you'd be at all tempted to call down after a turn threebet, then I think the turn raise is a mistake and your line is best.

Guy.