Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 06-10-2005, 12:57 AM

Default Re: PP NL100 KK against a tightie

Looks like he has QQ. Why such a small bet on the flop?

A prudent player would lay it down to the flop checkraise. I don't know if I could do it, but it's the right play.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:31 AM

Ugh - a check-minraise of a preflop reraiser on a Q-high flop !!!

He has AA/KK/QQ/88 with the favourite being QQ (given his propensity to make really nice small easy-to-call bets.

fold the river, fold the turn, and vomit at the check-raise on the flop and try desperately to bring yourself to fold (but at least fold the turn).
Old 06-10-2005, 05:03 AM

This guy squeaks. I really can't imagine this guy calling a reraise and then playing AQ like this on the flop. Nitty maybe, but against him I can't picture what hand you beat. QQ or AA I think.

BTW, you have no idea how mesmorizing and entertaining your avatar is when totally wasted, well, maybe you do.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:44 AM

seems to me you are getting played by a bigger hand. looks like he has qq,aa, or kk also.

its hard to imagine him with AQ.
the critical decision was to fold after he check raised you. with this flop, a check raise indicates strength. this guys stats are of a good player. it would be a pretty difficult laydown though.

just be glad he didn't take the lead on the flop. you'd probably lose some more money.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:14 AM

I've been seeing the check min-riase quite a bit on party poker when some1 has hit a monster. It's usually NOT an information bet (especially from tight players). I honestly can't look past QQ for his hand. The preblem is, your hand is just such a tough one to lay down. You could have lost it on the flop, but you have to muck it on the turn when you realise your entire stack is going in by the river.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I often go through the 'no way could he have hit the set'. My problem is it often starts out as, this f'in donk is check raising me with AQ....he's betting out into me with a small 1/4 sized bet, now I'll smooth call...flop...oh $#^

My problem is, half the time I call because I think these guys are full of crap. Especially on Party...

KowKiller let us know from the get go that he has Poker Tracker and obviously you didn't pick up in that.

When Villian (with the stats given) cr the flop is where I wouldv'e got the F out of D. Given his stats it appears he is not afraid of AQ or even KK. It appears he has at least AA but most likely QQ. Again given his stats this type would probably not just smooth call Hero's re-raise preflop with AA.

KC