Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 06-03-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Someone\'s gotta be fired on the Yanks

[ QUOTE ]
You don't know what you're talking about. Halsey is overrated. He is pitching in an easy division in the National League. If he came back to NY right now, his ERA would be over 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to hurt your post with actual facts but SD and LA are 2nd and 3rd in the NL in runs scored and Colorado is the worst pitchers park in the majors.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You don't know what you're talking about. Halsey is overrated. He is pitching in an easy division in the National League. If he came back to NY right now, his ERA would be over 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to hurt your post with actual facts but SD and LA are 2nd and 3rd in the NL in runs scored and Colorado is the worst pitchers park in the majors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Subjective opinion + name calling > Factual information
Old 06-03-2005, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Neither do I.

The team is just going through a rough patch right now. This team is too good to not make the playoffs. And I STILL think we will win the AL East. It starts tonight. Mussina needs to give us a great game, and I think he will.

Our huge winning streak was started by a CG shutout(Mussina) and ended by a CG shutout(Pavano). Pavano and Mussina are our two aces now(Randy is more like the #3). They need to step it up. It all comes back to pitching, although the bats need to do better as well.

One thing I don't get is why Joe keeps switching the F*CKING lineup. Just keep it the same Joe. Keep Giambi out of it, and keep Bernie in it.

Here is the best lineup:

Jeter - SS
Womack - LF
Sheffield - RF
Matsui - CF
A-Rod - 3B
Posada - C
Tino - 1B
Williams - DH
Cano- 2B

Let's stick with this one 6 days out of the week.

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably feel a little silly penciling the Yankees in for a 6 game winning streak when it was actually a 6 game losing streak. Emil Brown and Terrence Long = Yankee Killers.
-James
Old 06-03-2005, 11:59 PM

Jeter - SS
Womack - LF
Sheffield - RF
Matsui - CF
A-Rod - 3B
Posada - C
Tino - 1B
Williams - DH
Cano- 2B

Pretty depressing for Yankee fans. Hard to win with a left fielder, first baseman, DH, and second baseman who can't hit. Basically speaking, if Jeter's not getting on base, and he hasn't been the last week, they can't score very many runs. And if Mussina and Pavano are the stoppers, even more depressing. Because Mussina's best days are over and Pavano is just an average pitcher.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:00 AM

Why would you want Womack hitting 2nd?

SS Jeter
3B A-Rod
RF Gary
C Jorge
CF Matsui
1B Tino
LF Bernie
DH Giambi
2B Cano
Old 06-04-2005, 12:40 AM

i find it funny that the very same people that were drooling all over the yankees when they were "the hottest team in baseball" are the same people saying they're in major trouble. this team is exactly the same team as the team that won all of those games earlier. and oh yeah, the season is only 1/3 of the way done!

baseball is a lot like poker. there'll be a lot of up and downs but in the long run we should see what we expected to see. its pretty clear however that the yankees are not as good as everyone expected, but to say that they're awful and the season is over is an overstatement as well.

also for those who say tony wolmack should be starting over caro and that he has certain intangibles are misguided. i even read something that went as far as to say wolmack has been a career starter while caro has been a backup to prove wolmack's worth. that's utter nonsense. wolmack is a career out producer and the only reason why he has been starting is because general managers and coaches aren't nearly as smart as they should be.

oh yeah another thing. please seomone for the love of god show me these so-called great prospects the yankees have traded away. it's my understanding their farm system has always sucked and haven't produced a legit player since Jeter (and Nick Johnson if you want to go that route). the yankees have always spent far too much of their resources in aquiring free agents and trades to even properly develop their farm system.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:44 AM

Well, Brad Halsey has an ERA under 3.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:50 AM

bwhwhwahahaa, its going to give people who blocked you fits when I post.

it just blocks text
Old 06-04-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and oh yeah, the season is only 1/3 of the way done!
oh yeah another thing. please seomone for the love of god show me these so-called great prospects the yankees have traded away. it's my understanding their farm system has always sucked and haven't produced a legit player since Jeter (and Nick Johnson if you want to go that route). the yankees have always spent far too much of their resources in aquiring free agents and trades to even properly develop their farm system.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't really watch baseball, do you?

Womack
Cano

Those from the Yankees farm system, you may have heard of them: Andy Petitte, Bernie Williams, Jorge Posada, Mariano Rivera, Alfonso Soriano

In 2000, BA ranked the Yankees farm system #1.
In 2005, BA rank: #24
Old 06-04-2005, 01:07 AM

Also, they traded away Brian Buchanan, Eric Milton, and Cristian Guzman in the Knoblauch trade. They aren't doing so hot _this_ year, but they've had good seasons.

They traded Tony Armas for Jim Mecir.

Chris Singleton for a nobody that never made the majors.

Mike Lowell for warm bodies.

Zach Day in the David Justice trade.

Wily Mo Pena in the Henson v2 trade.