Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 10-29-2004, 06:54 PM

Default 1000 FPP hand

In the 1000 FPP first round. Early stages of tourny, 55 left, 9 get seats, blinds at 25/59I have an average stack of 2300 and A7o on the button. One limper I decide to play my button and raise it to 200. SB calls and limper calls. SB has me covered.

FLOP- AA10

Checked to me and I bet 250, SB raises to 500, limper folds, I re-raise to 1000, he moves in. Only thing I know about SB is he said he already won a trip to aruba or wherever stars' wtp event is. And I saw him play one hand where he moved in PF w/ AK and AQ called him. So basically my read was he is pretty solid. What do u do when he moves in and what do u think of my play so far? Thanks in advance.

SGS
Old 10-29-2004, 07:00 PM

Default Re: 1000 FPP hand

I think that if this guy is a strong player and he min raises you on that flop, it's time to slow down, ESPECIALLY with A7. He's trying to build a pot and puts you for Ax.

He prob. either has TT or AK/AQ
Old 10-29-2004, 07:09 PM

You wouldn't be in that mess if you had made the correct move, and folded preflop.

Why take a weak hand that will have a hard time standing up into a battle where you'll only get a call if you are behind. Both of those guys probably fold unless they have you beat preflop.

Fold preflop, and you'd never have to make the post. The only reason I can see playing this hand is if it is suited for flush potential. Otherwise medium aces like this are a slippery slope to bustout.

And finally, when your mess has reached a crescendo, you have to fold to the aggression coming back to you.

FOLD preflop and spare the agony.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FOLD preflop and spare the agony.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I get +EV out of hands like A7 if I use aggresion from the button and CO when I know the image of the players in the blinds and it's folded to me. But I don't make plays like this unless I have a large stack in later rounds.