Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 05:28 PM

Default If Party had a lick of sense...

oh wait, end of thread. Let me start over.

If someone with a lick of sense took over Party, they would institute automatic rakeback for all players on a sliding scale based on volume.

Everyone's rakeback would be deposited into their account every Friday at 5 p.m. Eastern. The fish would lose it back over the weekend and the rest would put it in the bank.

No more bonuses, no more gnomes, no more skins, no more affiliates, no more under-the-table deals. All the big players would come back, the fish would get a few bucks to gamble away, Party would make a killing, bandwidth suckage at 2+2 would drop, everybody's happy. Well, everybody except the affiliates and skins, but they're going to get screwed anyway, it's just a matter of time.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:30 PM

Default Re: If Party had a lick of sense...

there is a prima skin site doing exactly this. it is still in beta and hasn't gone full launch. but yes, it is a good idea.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:31 PM

They may be trying to do something like this with the Party points for money thing.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:34 PM

you actually think party will do the logical thing?
Old 10-09-2005, 05:37 PM

I like that idea a lot! I guess we can only hope...
Old 10-09-2005, 05:51 PM

This is a bad idea.

Firstly, you don't want players to know how much rake is being taken away. Sophisticated players know this, and we're the ones getting rakeback through the affiliates. They could get around this with some sort of point system I suppose but it would still make it more clear that rake money is being taken away and that's bad since Party's rake is higher than the leading competitors'.

Most importantly, right now they only give rakeaback to a very small percentage of players. Even when all the affiliates offer rakeback that will continue to be the case. Why would they want to give this extra money away? I don't see how that works out for them in the long run.

I think people overestimate the maret share that high volume and rakeback players have. I could be wrong on this and would be curious to get an estimate from some of the big affiliates of the percentage of rakeback players there were on the network.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh wait, end of thread. Let me start over.

If someone with a lick of sense took over Party, they would institute automatic rakeback for all players on a sliding scale based on volume.

Everyone's rakeback would be deposited into their account every Friday at 5 p.m. Eastern. The fish would lose it back over the weekend and the rest would put it in the bank.

No more bonuses, no more gnomes, no more skins, no more affiliates, no more under-the-table deals. All the big players would come back, the fish would get a few bucks to gamble away, Party would make a killing, bandwidth suckage at 2+2 would drop, everybody's happy. Well, everybody except the affiliates and skins, but they're going to get screwed anyway, it's just a matter of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding????

They already do this you [insert insult here].

If you primarily play the $5+1 Sng's you're charged 20% rake
:$10+1 charges 10%
:$200+15 charges 7%

There is absolutely no need to pay people back when you can just charge them less. This is like first level thinking here.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:41 PM

Well duh, don't tell them it's rakeback. Don't give them a link where they can go find out how much rake they paid and what percentage they're getting back. Just give them the money.

Scenario 1:

Dear Fish:

Thanks for being a loyal player at Party Poker. As a reward for your frequent play this week, we have deposited $17 to your account.

Enjoy!
Mike O'Malley

P.S. Don't disclose your password to anyone.

Result: Fish buys in for $17 and promptly loses it.

Scenario 2:

Dear Shark:

We have deposited $1,700 to your account.

Enjoy!

Mike O'Malley

P.S. Please send me your password.

Result: Shark checks his rakeback against his PT results, withdraws $1,700 to Neteller, enters it into his tax spreadsheet, buys in for $20,000 and goes to work.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:49 PM

then they are giving the rb to ALL players

the fish losing the 17 in 5 mins does NOT help party...they don't get the money lost, just the rake...if the fish loses the 17 in 2 hands at a nl table, they just lost most of that 17...

doing it through affiliates lets them segment the market

basic economic strategy

like coupons or selling 'refurbished' products

u get max $$ from those who aren't sensitive to pricing and still get business from those who are
Old 10-09-2005, 06:55 PM

Not gonna happen for the same reason the car dealerships dont just lower their prices from the sticker price right off the bat. Every now and then some fool comes in and pays full sticker. Why give everyone the full discount when you can sell the car for full price or only a small discount if the buyer doesnt try very hard?