Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 04:28 AM

Default Locked threads and other BS

I am sure this thread will be quickly locked or deleted altogether, but I need to get this off my chest.

I have been enjoying this site for quite some time now, but am sorry to say that it has become a huge disappointment since the induction of Dynasty as moderator.

Coming here to get information about the WSOP is ridiculously tedious since only the sticky thread at the top is allowed for WSOP topics. Who wants to shift through 300-600 replies in one thread to find something interesting? I for one do not find it enjoyable. Most of the replies are not worth reading anyway, while 1/4 of them are repeats of the same post from 30 minutes ago because no one appears to be actually reading the damn thing.

Then you have various topics posted that are semi interesting only to see that they have been immediatly locked, usually with a comment from Dynasty to post in the mega thread. But, there is zero consistency. Other threads on the WSOP are left alone, leaving me to ask myself, why is this one ok, and this one isn't.

Just no consistency from what I see. Either lock all the threads and we can all post in one huge 6,000 reply sticky started by Dynasty, or leave the site alone.

That is all.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:31 AM

Default Re: Locked threads and other BS

Please post this in the stickied thread

-ZEN
Old 07-13-2005, 04:40 AM

I agree. There's nothing wrong with having a different topic for each player/hand. Its much easier to wade through 30 topics, than 300 posts in one gigantic thread. I mean this is the WSOP forum, will the multitude of topics about the WSOP push all other threads out? What else is there besides WSOP?
Old 07-13-2005, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Other threads on the WSOP are left alone, leaving me to ask myself, why is this one ok, and this one isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect it's because they weren't locked before the discussion was more than, say, 20 replies long. If Dynasty had seen them when they were first started, they probably would have been locked.

That's just my theory, though.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:12 AM

The one big thread thing is pretty gay. I normally like to read a thread in flat mode, but that thing is so huge you can't see all the replies in flat mode.

Also, is there any way to read one branch of the thread in flat mode? Say somebody retitles a post in the thread to "Raymer threatens to kill railbird" and that post gets a bunch of replies. Is there anyway to view just that branch of the thread in flat mode?

Another thing that sucks is no guidelines. It seems like the one overriding guideline is that you can't say anything remotely negative about Raymer, but you can rip the crap out of anyone else. Why does a BS forum like WPT even need moderation?

For good measure, I've notified the moderator about this thread.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:22 AM

I'm only locking or deleting threads which do nothing but announce a certain players status in the WSOP or report news from the event. Any other WSOP post can stay up.

There are 678 replies in the stickied thread right now. Try imagining what this forum would look like if that were broken out into 40-50 threads of 12-15 replies each. When there were multiple threads on Day 1A, the forum was a disaster.

With one primary thread, you can get all the news in one location and there are still many non-news/results WSOP threads being discussed.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:30 AM

I actually agree with dynasty. I enjoyed reading through the entire sticky post. It was very easy to follow along and keep up to date.

If there wasn't one thread it would be a disaster as dynasty said, also, it kinda ruins the suspense. I like to follow along with the action and don't want to be spoiled by a big name busting out if I'm not up to date.

also, when cardplayer updates, at least 3-4 people want to be the first to report the news. If 4 people created a new post on the same thing, it would get ugly.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who wants to shift through 300-600 replies in one thread to find something interesting? I for one do not find it enjoyable. Most of the replies are not worth reading anyway, while 1/4 of them are repeats of the same post from 30 minutes ago because no one appears to be actually reading the damn thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things the posters can do to improve this situation:

1) Change the post title within the main thread when they wish to make a new subject of discussion (for instance, by putting a player's name in the post title when they wish to announce or discuss that player, e.g., "Mickey Mouse Just Knocked Out!")

2) Posters can also post less drivel
Old 07-13-2005, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who wants to shift through 300-600 replies in one thread to find something interesting? I for one do not find it enjoyable. Most of the replies are not worth reading anyway, while 1/4 of them are repeats of the same post from 30 minutes ago because no one appears to be actually reading the damn thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things the posters can do to improve this situation:

1) Change the post title within the main thread when they wish to make a new subject of discussion (for instance, by putting a player's name in the post title when they wish to announce or discuss that player, e.g., "Mickey Mouse Just Knocked Out!")

2) Posters can also post less drivel

[/ QUOTE ]

.....rotsa ruck on point #2!!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2005, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm only locking or deleting threads which do nothing but announce a certain players status in the WSOP or report news from the event. Any other WSOP post can stay up.

There are 678 replies in the stickied thread right now. Try imagining what this forum would look like if that were broken out into 40-50 threads of 12-15 replies each. When there were multiple threads on Day 1A, the forum was a disaster.

With one primary thread, you can get all the news in one location and there are still many non-news/results WSOP threads being discussed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the logic here. Something had to be done I suppose with the huge influx of posts that was sure to come.

I guess I was just getting frustrated with trying to find good information on this forum. When checking back several times a day and the sticky has 120 new posts since last visit, it is tough to know where to start.

Not trying to be an ass or anything.