Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2004, 05:21 AM

Default I\'m drunk and angry so this should be good

Jesus Christmas John Kerry! What has happended?

I really don't understand how Kerry has lost this election. I understand bush is a sitting war president but he is fighting the wrong war in my opinion. Iraq is not the forefront of the war on terror. The war on terror has only moved to Iraq because we sent 200,000 troops into Baghdad.

I really don't understand how bush has been reelected. Maybe I don't understand the issues. With jobs lost and huge defecits and troop deaths and bin laden still alive and well and civil liberty issues and lies to the American people, I just don't understand how bush has any support.

I suppose I just view things diffrently than alot of people. Why is Kerry so unappealing to people. I don't really think it is a matter of everyone thinking bush is doing a great job as it is Kerry is just not appealing.

I am sick, and drunk, and have been partying all night. Not anything to do with the election but I am moving to Henderson NV on Thur. and had a farewell party with my friends.

So since I feel I can make ridiculous comments with no remorse this evening, I honestly hope that bush runs the country the rest of the way into the ground over the next four years so all of you ignorant ass Americans that voted for bush realize how stupid you are.

How will you feel if bush decides we need to start another preemptive war. Or runs the defecit up another 10-20 trillion. Or starts up a draft. Or loses another 2-3 million jobs. Or completley isolates us from the rest of the world. Or destroys the environment. Or passes the patriot act 3 completley destroying all Americans basic civil liberties. I honestly hope some or all of these things happen so the American people realize how [censored] stupid they are.

Bless the USA.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:34 AM

Default Re: I\'m drunk and angry so this should be good

Maybe "what has happended" has something to do with attitudes like yours. openly wishing for your own country to crash and burn because you didn't get your way isn't the kind of thing real Americans can stand behind. Any party like yours that does might not ever win again.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:46 AM

I didn't realize that the democratic partys' platform was hoping the country would crash and burn.

Whatever though, I offically don't give a [censored] about American politics. Most Americans don't seem to hold my views so screw it.

Hopefully the shrub won't start WWIII.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:49 AM

Hopefully the shrub won't start WWIII.

Where ya bin? It started 18 months ago.

Lori
Old 11-03-2004, 05:56 AM

The war on terrorism is clearly very important. I think the millions, and millions, and millions of people killed in WWII might take issue with this being called a world war though.

btw- Are you still up from last night? damn, gotta be close to noon there
Old 11-03-2004, 05:59 AM

10am now, yep still up [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I'm just too interested in the stats to sleep until they've discussed every last one.

Whilst not many have died in Iraq yet, we ARE now into 6 figures and we're still only on country 2 out of 5 or 6, if this goes on for the next few years, like it appears it will, those numbers will start to approach similar figures that were achieved in the 40s.

Lori
Old 11-03-2004, 06:00 AM

Well it's your platform. I don't think any posters on the right would have posted that had Kerry won.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:02 AM

To be fair, there has been a lot of discussion on here tonight, and given the importance (75% of Americans polled said it was the most important ever) of the election, nearly everyone has done well on the gloating/whining stakes and alcohol does funny things to folk when they are upset.

Lori
Old 11-03-2004, 06:06 AM

I can't sleep either, don't know if I'll make 10 though.

You might be right (though even if this thing really exploded I doubt we'd see anything close to the number dead russians) All I know is even if we/you/whoever makes a lot of mistakes dealing with what I saw on 9/11, it's better than doing nothing. And lets face, the left hasn't suggested much more than that.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:08 AM

The main mistake, at least to me, was creating the distrust that they have.

Lori