Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2004, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Bin Laden tape final nail in Bushs\' coffin

"Clinton did everything right, but neither did Bush."
I am more confused than a blind man who was just given an eye test.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Clinton did everything right, but neither did Bush."
I am more confused than a blind man who was just given an eye test.

[/ QUOTE ]
Way to take my quote completely out of context by ommitting the first couple of words. I said, "I'm not saying that Clinton did everything right, but neither did Bush."
Old 10-29-2004, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That is a horrible arguement. Clinton was a wuss when it came to fighting these guys.

They bombed us time after time and Clinton just sat there... once he blew up an empty mud hut with million dollar cruise missiles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a big a deal since he created a billion dollar surplus which bush by the way turned into a billion (or is it trillion) dollar deficit.

It was shown during the 9/11 commision that Clintons people alerted and attempted to educate the bush goons about bin laden and terrorism, which they promptly ignored and went on vacation.

And again, this was a pre-9/11 mindset. 9/11 changed things in a big way. To say that Clinton should have sent troops all over the globe hunting for terrorists BEFORE 9/11 is just stupid. No, this was bushs' job, and he has failed at it.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:20 PM

Embassy, buildings, and ships were bombed under the Clinton administration and nothing was done in response. The cruise missiles on the mud huts was just for show. A political maneuver at the expense of the American people. Clintons terror policy was a HUGE mistake. I will let you figure out the rest.

Clinton was a good domestic President. Alot of good things happened during his administration. But when it came to terrorism, he handed Bush a [censored] sandwich.

The Bush Administation, for one reason or another didn't change the Clinton anti-terror policy. I'm still having trouble figuring out if that was a brilliant maneuver, or a horrible mistake. Alot of people lost their lives on 9/11, but when compared to the possibilites.... it isn't that big.

Atleast now the American people realize that it might be possible people want to kill us. I don't think most of them understand why though.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well ok, but, Clinton was also not in the white house when osama ordered our own airplanes flown into the world trade center and the pentagon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, those attacks took years to plan, which means that Clinton was in fact in office when Osama ordered them.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:48 PM

So it's your opinion that Osama bad mouthing Bush is going to hurt Bush in the eyes of the American people? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Please tell me you play high limit 6 max!
Old 10-29-2004, 08:54 PM

Default Why We Cannot Give In To Bin-Laden

[ QUOTE ]

I think, if there were ever a time to take Bin Laden literally, it would be now. He's basically saying... elect whoever the <bleep> you want to... until you change your foreign policy, we're going to be your enemy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess what though. Even if we changed whatever policy they wanted, bin Laden and all his fanatical Islamist wackos would STILL be our enemies. They aren't like the IRA or the Basque separatists who had/have specfic goals that we might be able to manage to deal with. No, bin Laden's talk about the Palestinians and Lebanon is just a pittance compared to what they really want.

Bin Laden and his ilk are Greater Jihadists, and their principal concerns do not revolve around the Palestinian problem.

First, they want to CLEAR all "ARAB" lands of ALL INFIDELS, and then they want to implement Shar'ia (Islamic law) across all Arab states. Next, they want to expand back to their boundaries prior to Crusades when they held a large part of Spain, with especial attention to Andalusia. Then they want to restore the CALIPHATE. Then they want to continue expanding until the entire world is either: 1) converted to Islam, 2) subjugated under Islam, or 3) killed...all just as Mohammed said they should do in the Q'uran.

That's what bin-Laden wants. That's what Greater Jihadists want. That's why bin-Laden demanded that all US troops leave Saudi Arabia...because he can't stand the idea of INFIDELS on HOLY SOIL.

These are not rational people. They are so brainwashed in religious fanaticism as to be virtually psychotic.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well ok, but, Clinton was also not in the white house when osama ordered our own airplanes flown into the world trade center and the pentagon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, those attacks took years to plan, which means that Clinton was in fact in office when Osama ordered them.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is ridiculous logic. Is Clinton supposed to be psychic? Was he supposed to launch an attack on bin laden because he was PLANNING a huge attack on our nation while in office?

With this ridiculous logic the same could be said for the first bush. Why didn't bushs' daddy do something about the 9/11 attacks before they happened?

Thats it, lets blame Reagan or the first bush for 9/11 because they didn't stop it since this planning was going on for years.

Are you really this stupid?
Old 10-29-2004, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can you imagine how the public would have reacted had Clinton invaded Afghanistan? His approval rating would have dropped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? It didn't drop after invading Somolia.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:07 PM

There was an international outcry with solid american populace support prior to the intervention in Solmolia. My bet would be if Clinton had mentioned Afghanistan the average voter would not have been supportive.