Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Play along with suited connectors

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.
<font color="blue"> I'm not particularly happy with this limp. I feel like I should have raised here. Was I playing too weak, or was it OK to play this as a drawing hand? </font>

Flop: (4.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero ???
<font color="blue"> Um, yikes. I feel comfortable with my raise here, but to have it coming back at me with 2 bets is kinda scary. What's your play?</font>
Old 03-14-2005, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Play along with suited connectors

I'm inclined to call, but fold if the heat continues into the turn. UTG+1 either has worthless garbage or a set. And you'll probably find out which on the turn.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:41 PM

I fold pf.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:59 PM

Really? When would you play 89s? Never?
Old 03-14-2005, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? only two limpers?
Old 03-14-2005, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not particularly happy with this limp. I feel like I should have raised here. Was I playing too weak, or was it OK to play this as a drawing hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

? This IS a drawing hand. I would've folded preflop (I would've called with an extra limper or two). There's no way I'm raising tho.

On the flop, I think you're behind, but have enough outs to continue (it's a close decision tho). The backdoor flush potential pushes me in the call direction. Without it, I think I fold. (Note that the 9 may complete a straight.)
Old 03-14-2005, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yawn.

I think calling PF is fine. I'm calling more often than I'm raising here, that's for sure. I'm also not folding very often.

I think shadow should read Ed Miller's "Taking the Training Wheels Off" post. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, I'd call here on the flop but I'm ready to ditch if the action gets hot. I also don't know that I would have raised the flop. There isn't much for BB to be betting here, so my raise really depends on what I think of him.

Rob
Old 03-15-2005, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think shadow should read Ed Miller's "Taking the Training Wheels Off" post. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have. I'm just better than Ed Miller. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Actually, I have some requirements for playing this than optimal cards. Position (which we have) and a big pot (which we don't have).

To quote Ed back at you, size of the pot is the most important factor in determining how to play. And I'm not trying to make the most out of every marginal situation.

I know that I'm not good enough to play 89s in a small pot.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you a rock or something. you keep saying this and i have to keep disagreeing with you.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm gonna have to disagree with you on that statement as well.

--

flop action sucks. i honestly might dump this without the backdoor flush draw. call and reevaluate.

i'd probably call rather than raise. reevaluate your hand based on the turn card and action. your equity is a bit suspect here. you could be outkicked, etc. rather than push a tiny edge.. you might improve and punish the field. you might miss and save a bet if the action is heavy. you might see a check or two on a nice card and be able to raise and protect.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I fold pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you a rock or something. you keep saying this and i have to keep disagreeing with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Na, not a rock (17.xxx-18.xxx vpip).

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i'm gonna have to disagree with you on that statement as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

I guess I'm going to have to start looking at these situations a bit more closely. Been on the wrong side of things a lot lately. Guess I should start actually *playing* poker again...