Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: A clue or two

Sup. Yeah, don't always carry my trout with me. ;-)
Old 04-28-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Hands please?

[ QUOTE ]
sfer obviously has a set of riverd 4's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfft, only you would 3-bet a decent UTG with 4's then call a turn bet by an obvious AK (because you're the suckout king and would river a 4 everytime).
Old 04-28-2005, 01:51 PM

I am giving ranges. Of course, a particular player having a certain hand may make another hand given inthe range for another player inconsistnet but you should getthe idea.

Dave: AK, AQ [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or AA, but I suspect AA.

Brad: KK or AKs.

UTG: AJ, AQ.

UTG+2: TT-KK
Old 04-28-2005, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would he not bet that flop with AQ?

[/ QUOTE ]
Cuz with all of that action, he is likely behind. If he's not, he's WAY ahead, so why run anybody off? Also, the capper is likley raising him here, and he wants people to put money in when he has the nut frush draw.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:00 PM

Default No more guessing, time for judging

Brad has A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG has KK
I have AK with the A crub
UTG+2 said he had JJ

How did we play the hand?
Old 04-28-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: No more guessing, time for judging

[ QUOTE ]
Brad has A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG has KK
UTG+2 said he had JJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Capping JJ against 2 TAG's who raise from EP is a risky proposition IMO. I also initially felt like a bet should go in on this flop, but I can't convince myself that someone clearly should have bet here.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:43 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

certainly no chip-spewing postflop; if i had ak i would probably raise the turn when no club came. its possible you are up agains aa or another unlikely set, but with a club draw i think aa would play faster on the flop(which could have been a failed attempt at a checkraise). regardless i think he would let you know on the turn with a reraise to get the clubs out. all of the preflop activity seemed to scare everyone into passivity. with good position i would try to prey on that. this hand had something to scare everyone, except pocket 4s which would take a real maniac to play with all the preflop activity.

i mean pocket 3s. actually the more i think about it, the more i like the river raise. a turn reraise would have to be called and then it would get really tough to not follow through on the river. Ac was offsuit, right?
Old 04-28-2005, 04:17 PM

"BDK has KK and hates it."

Puh-leaze.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: A clue or two

[ QUOTE ]
I was UTG. I won't say I played the hand well, but I was in a very tough spot.

I could've folded the turn, and I almost certainly should've folded to the river raise, but I fished out and called getting over 17-to-1 closing the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was nice playing with you. I think that the three decisions you made in this hand were defensible in isolation but when you put them together it looks like botchery. No biggie, this was a really, really big pot, and I don't trust Dave (SFer) either.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:24 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: No more guessing, time for judging

[ QUOTE ]
UTG has KK
UTG+2 said he had JJ

[/ QUOTE ]

as I said in my post, I think your flop check is fine given that you have the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I was kind of surprised you didn't raise the turn, but now I realize you knew you were chopping with Brad 100% of the time and would like to give the pocket pairs reason to believe they had the best hand

Brad said he wanted to check-raise the flop. I thought he should check-call. when he cold calls a cap and check raises with an A on the board that just makes it too obvious. a check-call could still be a pocket pair. since it got checked through, I like his bet.

UTG has got to muck KK on the turn