FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Hero's best play is:
Raise 61 23.28%
Call 129 49.24%
Fold 72 27.48%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2004, 10:33 PM

Default Who won the 3rd debate?

You know the drill...as always, thoughts and opinions welcome...
Old 10-13-2004, 10:56 PM

Default Re: Who won the 3rd debate?

haha, at least "big bush win" got a vote. i was worried their werent any people who are ABSOULETELY OUT OF THERE MIND on this board.

rj
Old 10-13-2004, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
haha, at least "big bush win" got a vote. i was worried their werent any people who are ABSOULETELY OUT OF THEIR MIND on this board.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to elaborate, RJ? If "their" are people who are "out of their mind", I'm sure you'd jump at the chance to make a solid, well-founded argument with facts to back up your
opinions.

I'm also kinda wondering why people feel the need to determine who "won" a specific debate. I, for one, wish that the debates were more about the individual candidates' plans (on both sides) and not so much bickering about this one's record and that one's faith and on and on...that said, I, for one, still plan to vote Bush in this election, only because I don't feel Sen. Kerry has done a sufficient job of convincing me that he can lead this nation, he's made far too many promises he won't be able to keep, like "we'll allow people 55-64 to buy-in early on Medicare"...yet also he intends to cut taxes for the middle class and only raise taxes on those making over $200k. This sounds like it will work. I may be wrong, but this should be an interesting election.

-Edge
Old 10-13-2004, 11:04 PM

Kerry reminded me of a curling iron. Bush reminded me of a toaster of oven. I always would rather cook my food in a toaster oven. Translation: Bush won.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:06 PM

Yeah that was my vote. Bush gave very subtantive answers, was able to really hammer Kerry's weaknesses, and looked very comfortable and composed. Kerry spent too much time defending himself, looked much worse than he has in the other debates from a strictly stylistic standpoint, and generally had some very weak answers on a lot of points. Let me know when you are ready to have a serious discussion.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:07 PM

Well, he lied about saying he wasn't worried about Bin Laden. I don't think you can get a "Big win" with blatant lies which the media can instantly call you on ... complete with video proof.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:07 PM

you guys jump on me for my response but think this is a legit response? ok, yeah, ill respond to that with hard facts and evidence right away...uhhh a toaster oven uses more electricity? right...

rj
Old 10-13-2004, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you can get a "Big win" with blatant lies which the media can instantly call you on .

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda like claiming you wrote or co-wrote 56 bills that passed. Only 5 of the bills actually passed.

Stu
Old 10-13-2004, 11:12 PM

Hey Grey,

President Bush has never, to my knowledge, or his apparently, said he "wasn't worried about Osama Bin Laden". To do so would have been foolish, and even the farthest left of the liberals could claim one could be that foolish.

And in response to Pitt's post, in the interest of not cluttering this board...thanks for actually giving your logical, thought-out reasons...that is, assuming you had any. I'm beginning to see a pattern in many or your posts on this forum...

Instead of addressing the issue I asked of you, you turned it around and tried to go against others who disagree with you...intelligence and class at its finest.

-Edge
Old 10-13-2004, 11:13 PM

Or saying that the President never met with the Congressional Black Caucus.