Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2004, 08:13 AM

Default New evidence found showing links to terrorism by Saddam

Read here

SADDAM Hussein’s links to terrorism have been proven by documents showing he helped to fund the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:14 AM

Default Re: New evidence found showing links to terrorism by Saddam

Who cares? Nearly every nation has "links to terrorism", us more than most others.

Or are you just trying to come up with more post-mortem reasons that invading and occupying another nation was a good idea?
Old 10-15-2004, 10:21 AM

I have plenty of reasons why I think it was the right choice. The specific rationale was to show that Saddam did have links to terrorism, some of which we already knew about but people continued to deny. This is just another piece of the evidence. I also thought some people might be interested in reading the article. Tell me, which terrorist groups does the US currently supply financial and other support to?

BTW, thanks for that well thought and valuable answer to my post. "Who cares" most succintly sums up the left's positions when they get slapped in the face with reality.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:51 AM

Links to terrorist Palestinian terrorist groups does not amount to a "grave and gathering threat" to the US. Many countries supported Palestinian terrorist groups and will continue to do so. We certainly would not be able to justify military action in those countries which include Egypt, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Yemen.

If routing Palestinian terrorists was on our agenda why have we not sent troops after Hamas and the PLO?

Your argument is weak.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:56 AM

Saddam's support for Palestinian groups is stale bread. He openly advertised those 25K rewards for the suicide bombers, after all.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Links to terrorist Palestinian terrorist groups does not amount to a "grave and gathering threat" to the US. Many countries supported Palestinian terrorist groups and will continue to do so. We certainly would not be able to justify military action in those countries which include Egypt, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Yemen

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it unreasonable to assume that given Saddam had ties to certain terror organizations that he wouldnt have ties to other? Especially given we had evidence that he in fact did.

[ QUOTE ]
If routing Palestinian terrorists was on our agenda why have we not sent troops after Hamas and the PLO?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice strawman. Have fun tearing him down.

[ QUOTE ]
Your argument is weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mindbending analysis that is.
Old 10-16-2004, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The specific rationale was to show that Saddam did have links to terrorism, some of which we already knew about but people continued to deny.

[/ QUOTE ]
Umm...it was common knowledge to anyone with a brain and either network TV or Internet access that Saddam had connections to terrorists. That was never at issue then or now. Not sure who these people are that you think deny this - nor do I consider them remotely relevant.

[ QUOTE ]
"Who cares" most succintly sums up the left's positions when they get slapped in the face with reality.

[/ QUOTE ]
"Who cares" most succintly sums up my position any time I get slapped in the face with facts that are about as fresh and interesting as an announcement that the Earth is round. How 'bout you go find me those hordes of WMD that we absolutely, positively knew that Saddam had? How 'bout you round up some evidence that Saddam and Usama were old poker buddies who'd long conspired against the US, as the current administration has convinced a disheartening portion of this country's manipulated citizenry.