Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 03:24 PM

Default FSN Pittsburgh - High School Football

For those of you who get FSN Pittsburgh and enjoy high school football, all day today (starting at 12:30 PM Eastern) they are airing the WPIAL Championship games. WPIAL is Western PA (district 10 I believe, pretty much all the schools in the Pittsburgh area). The winners of these games go on to the quarterfinals of the state playoffs, but for these teams, a WPIAL championship is ALMOST as good as a state championship.

The games are played at Heinz Field and are 1A, 2A, 3A & 4A. Almost always these games end up being great games. If you enjoy well-played high school football, you might want to give it a shot in between college games.

In the last game (4A), Woodland Hills (my alma) plays McKeesport. Woodland Hills has a number of D1 recruits including probably the #1 recruit from Western PA in Darrin Walls. He recently committed to ND but had pretty much every big name program after him.

He's an exciting player to watch but he's been hurt most of the year. Our coach loves to win, but he's not stupid and knows players like Walls have great futures ahead of him. He'll play sparingly and probably won't play DB (where he'll play at ND).
Old 11-19-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Re: FSN Pittsburgh - High School Football

Woodland Hills vs. McKeesport should be nasty... for anyone who's interested, Michigan WR Steve Breaston is a Woodland Hills alum, while former Syracuse QB Cecil Howard played at McKeesport.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Re: FSN Pittsburgh - High School Football

[ QUOTE ]
Woodland Hills vs. McKeesport should be nasty... for anyone who's interested, Michigan WR Steve Breaston is a Woodland Hills alum, while former Syracuse QB Cecil Howard played at McKeesport.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you've seen Vondre play since they only recently moved him to QB, but he is Stevie B reincarnated. Even better, he's got a decent arm on him whereas Stevie couldn't throw the ball worth a damn.

If it wasn't freezing cold outside, I'd go down to the game. Since it's on TV though, there's no need for that & I'm headed to the North Hills for some poker.