Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Play it for me on each street

<font color="blue">First hand at the table, no reads on anybody. </font>
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, [color=#666666]3 folds</font>, Hero (poster) checks, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.
<font color="blue"> Should I have bet here? If you say yes, convice me. </font>
Turn: (2 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, [color=#CC3333]UTG bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.
<font color="blue"> Raise or just call? </font>
River: (6 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
UTG checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.
<font color="blue">Made the flush? Calling correct? </font>
Final Pot: 10 BB
Old 11-17-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Play it for me on each street

yep, because your bet has a chance to fold all of these players right now. two were blinds, one limped in utg and didn't bet after two people checked.

so bet, and if you get a call or two, you usually get to see a free river.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:12 PM

Betting the flop is good for the reasons Miles has stated. River call is standard.

Next time convert in 2+2 format. If you want to edit, change all the color=xxxxx to color:xxxxx.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:13 PM

Flop bet - absolutely. Two reasons: thin the field, and add some value to your strong (yet hidden) draw.

Turn: raise and don't stop. At this moment you have the nuts.

River: I'd call. UTG's turn bet could mean he has something less than a flush (a lot of people don't raise KQ PF), he probably has no idea you've made a straight, and you're getting 8:1 odds.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

River: I'd call. UTG's turn bet could mean he has something less than a flush (a lot of people don't raise KQ PF), he probably has no idea you've made a straight, and you're getting 8:1 odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt he would have checked the flop with one player to act but it is possible. I think most times he'll show a flush but I'd still call him as it might be a wierd 2 pair for UTG or even the occasional bluff-raise (someone actually did this to me twice last night in 1-2 6 max).
Old 11-17-2005, 07:35 PM

Raise the flop. I think it's defensible as a pure value bet, but I also like it on the notion that it will clean up your outs. If someone is playing A6, etc., and you can fold them out, your 6 becomes good -- or at least useful.

I'm making a special effort not to talk about the suited guy who's now got 3 to his suit and could catch a runner-runner flush. But the same principle applies. You have a good draw; they may have a thin one. Charge them for staying in. It's fine if they fold, and it's fine if they stay in to build your pot. No free cards!

Turn -- fine.

Flop -- Call is fine. Reraise is tempting.