Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 12:21 AM

Default I hate myself.

This table was tight and I should probably move. There is one really nice seat to my left however.

Dealt to Me [ T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ] in MP1.
Folded to me. I raise. MP2 who loves to call my raises for some wierd reason but maybe I'm imagining things calls. Button, SB and BB call. I'm a popular guy all of a sudden.

** Dealing Flop ** [ 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
Checked to me, I check, MP2 checks. Button bets. SB folds, BB calls. I call. MP2 folds.

** Dealing Turn ** [ 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
Check around.

** Dealing River ** [ K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
Checked around.

- Jim
Old 12-14-2005, 12:24 AM

Default Re: I hate myself.

Bet the flop.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:25 AM

looks like an easy river value bet. 66-99 and all aces are gonna call here.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:33 AM

bet the flop, and bet the river
Old 12-14-2005, 12:34 AM

I disagree with a flop bet into a crowd where I have to call a raise on a 2x coordinated board.

- Jim
Old 12-14-2005, 12:36 AM

I 100% agree.

- Jim
Old 12-14-2005, 01:04 AM

Well, it's not like checkcalling is super either. Just bet. This is a good flop I think to bet. A K is less in the range ofa PF coldcaller and more in the range of a PF raiser, they'll be both less likely to have it and more likely to think you do. This way if you bet and get raised you can act with more confidence on the following streets. Also, a flop like that will sometimes make them scared of gettting 3bet and not raise the draw. The more I consider the more I hate checking there.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:25 PM

I'm not worried about AK being out. I think 80% of the time or more when you bet out on a flop like this, you get raised online. And when you get raised, I don't think you have any clearer notion about where you stand at all - not on this board.

Checking and calling is better because I think it costs you less bets for the same amount of information and you'll be getting odds to draw if it isn't raised in front of you. Sometimes by checking, you will get pushed off the winning hand if such a raise occurs. But this will happen way less often than you paying 2 bets if you had led out.

Put more simply, I would rather not cost myself effectively 1.8SB to see the turn than cost myself 1SB. With the rare occaision that I muck the best hand on the flop if it's bet and raised back to me.

The river is inexcusable and I posted this as a mea cupla to help me remember to not miss such obvious value bets in the future [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

- Jim
Old 12-14-2005, 08:54 PM

You are going to have the best hand the majority of the time, so I think you need to bet and try to fold hands like J9/Q9/AJ etc.