Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 04:07 AM

Default Re: stupid 1010 hand

[ QUOTE ]
i'd cap preflop. postflop is fine, i don't think there's any issue with not folding an overpair on the river for one more bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-11-2005, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

this guy has 8% pfr. thats like super small. and this is a 3bet. that means a lot. it means he has monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you would have folded to the flop 3 bet then without the BD draw?
Old 12-11-2005, 04:16 AM

no. im never folding to the flop 3bet on similar boards.

my opponent is talking to me. i dont believe him on the flop. im not gonna believe him on the turn either. but i think he will speak the truth on the river.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
seriously guys this is like the easiest river fold eva.

people calling the river pls put this guy on a hand i beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Victor - this post comes from the same spot I came from in saying I could make a case for folding the river when niether the FD nor a T hits. However, you know as well as I and many others do that you can't with enough certainty say he wouldn't three bet a hand like A9, A8, 77, etc. nor bet-three-bet and lead each street with a hand like AK or Ahx. This is a button open in an aggressive game, and he's capable of a lot despite his 8 pfr over 400 hands. I don't think this is a fold; I think it is a call, though it's not the easiest call in the world (and it shouldn't be).

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't 3-bet a9. I barely 3-bet A9.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

God damn what the hell is wrong with you fools, not three betting A9- folding to a preflop cap? How are you gonna win if you fold in these big pots?

Where's AggroHush poster when you need him?
Old 12-11-2005, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my opponent is talking to me. i dont believe him on the flop. im not gonna believe him on the turn either. but i think he will speak the truth on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you believe that he can 3 bet the flop and lead the turn with an unpaired hand there's no reason to believe that he's going to magically stop on the river. This is one of those scenarios where your brain registers winning 1 out of 10 as "never". Once you make it this far you really can't fold.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so he will only 3 bet a total monster PF, but he will 3 bet the flop OOP with less than the goods? I dont think those 2 statements work well together.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you believe that he can 3 bet the flop and lead the turn with an unpaired hand there's no reason to believe that he's going to magically stop on the river. This is one of those scenarios where your brain registers winning 1 out of 10 as "never". Once you make it this far you really can't fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with bryce on this one...unless he's an actively-thinking TAG (not multitabling drone) players will often just keep betting on the river with whatever they bet on the turn in situations like this... *sometimes* they reveal their hand with a true action on the river, but not often enough to change the decision IMO.

Surf
Old 12-11-2005, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with bryce on this one...unless he's an actively-thinking TAG (not multitabling drone) players will often just keep betting on the river with whatever they bet on the turn in situations like this... *sometimes* they reveal their hand with a true action on the river, but not often enough to change the decision IMO.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree as well
Old 12-11-2005, 04:52 AM

the flop 3bet OOP is such a huge indicator to me. I'm still pushing for a river fold.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:13 AM

ok. if i was a good player i would fold the turn absent a flush draw.