Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 01:50 AM

Default T4s River Bluff

SB plays about half his hands, not particularily aggressive. I get dealt T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB. SB completes and I check.

Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet, SB calls.

Turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets, I call.

River: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets, I raise.

Yes?
Old 12-12-2005, 01:59 AM

Default Re: T4s River Bluff

fold the turn and dont raise the river.

no
Old 12-12-2005, 02:19 AM

I dont like this at all, I doubt a player like this is folding a pair. Also on the turn you are getting 3:1 on a draw without a club and 3 showing on board, probably a fold.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:20 AM

spewage. a guy who plays this many hands will never fold a pair anyways.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:24 AM

Derf. I kind of glazed over how small the pot was on the turn. On the river, though, my train was that the turn donk is almost always indicitive of a picked up FD (they love to do that). I don't expect him to fold a pair, ever. Obviously you do not agree.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Derf. I kind of glazed over how small the pot was on the turn. On the river, though, my train was that the turn donk is almost always indicitive of a picked up FD (they love to do that). I don't expect him to fold a pair, ever. Obviously you do not agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

A turn donk is often a picked up flush draw when the second suited card hits the board, but I think when a 3rd suited card hits the board the only one card flush draw that would typically donk are big ones, like the Ace or the King. His failure to raise preflop makes an Ace unlikely and somewhat less so a K (which is now a pair anyway). So the only way a raise is good is if he donked the turn with some kind of Q, J, or T high whether it be it a draw or air. I don't think it is often enough. I also would have folded on the turn.

Cartman