Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 07:25 PM

Default OOP Nut flush draw in a huge pot

Party Poker 5.00/10.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10.00 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (15.00 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (25.00 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

Comments on all streets appreciated. Most curious about the turn though. Do I bet out? And what the [censored] does everyone have?

And the river... go for a check raise, or bet hoping BB or MP3 made a worse flush?
Old 10-31-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Re: OOP Nut flush draw in a huge pot

c/r the river as your hand is fairly well disguised and there is a decent possiblity that BB or MP3 will bet/raise with a worse flush thus allowing you to get in a ton of bets. I feel like we rarely have to worry about this river getting checked through.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:50 PM

I definitely try to check-raise the BB on this river. I just can't see anything other than a flush draw that he would call three cold with, but not bet/raise the turn.

Scott
Old 10-31-2005, 07:54 PM

I play the flop differently. I check hoping to raise MP2, but with the raise from CO, I just call, planning to cap a 3-bet from MP2. You can not buy outs or protect your hand.

I play the turn the same. I don't think you can buy any outs on the Turn. I think a river 2-pair is rarely good given the action and board so far.

I bet out on the river. I don't like check/raise because it may get checked through.

Hand Reading:
Without any reads on the players, I have no idea what people are holding, but here's my best guess.
After the flop, you can put MP2 on AK, AQ, AJ, or AA. After the turn, I think AA is very unlikely.

I put CO on AK, AQ or 44, 77. But if he is very loose preflop, you can include A4 and A7.

BB and MP3, who knows. could be any number of draws including flush draw, straight draw, or a draw to pair. I think a slow-played set is unlikely but possible.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
c/r the river as your hand is fairly well disguised and there is a decent possiblity that BB or MP3 will bet/raise with a worse flush thus allowing you to get in a ton of bets. I feel like we rarely have to worry about this river getting checked through.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet hoping BB would raise, and I doubt a set or two pair is folding in a pot this big... and then I'd get a threebet in. Too optimistic?
Old 10-31-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet hoping BB would raise, and I doubt a set or two pair is folding in a pot this big... and then I'd get a threebet in. Too optimistic?

[/ QUOTE ]

your hand is only disguised until you donk the river, after that it often takes another flush - maybe even Q high - to raise you.

I think when you donk the turn you should expect to be able to put in 1-2bbs, when you c/r 2-3bbs.

edit to clarify